Tfa vbic pepper taste

Hi Good ppl
I have the famous vbic pepper taste buds.
All i mix with IT in taste nasty pepperish.
So now Im confused and almost on the brim of giving up my diy.
I cant Even buy premade juices AS they often contain vbic from Tfa.
So What is the best Flavour i can sub in all recipes that have Tfa vbic in IT.

2 Likes

The best VIC I have used is the Liquid Barn VIC…its heavenly…there is just something special about it…what made me get it was all the raves about it…and they were right…it may be worth your shot to try it…you wont be displeased

7 Likes

+1 for LB’s Vanilla Ice Cream. It’s one of the best. I don’t get the pepper taste so I do use TPA VBIC a lot, but IMO it doesn’t hold a candle to the LB.

6 Likes

If you can’t get LB; Hangsen has a French Vanilla Cream. I would steer clear of CAP’s version though, it has more of that cheap vanilla ice cream taste to it, imo.

6 Likes

yes LB VIC os the best and closest to TPA you will get a pepper note around 3.75pct so you have to test and see how high you can go the 3.75 mark is my limit the VBIC tpa always has a pepper taste

2 Likes

thnx ppl. i have lb vic so will try that as a sub to tfa vbic in mixes :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I vote for LB VIC too. This recipe got me hooked on it… Super simple and you can sub the peach for whatever fruit you like and it turns out great.

4 Likes

Pepper taster here too. LB VIC I can do, but went to 4% and the pepper was back. I go 2% now and it is really good. CAP does not give me pepper but like others said it is not as rich. I recently got Purilum VBIC and have not tried it yet, but have my fingers crossed. HS FVIC is good but has a slight musky flavor if you start to go high on the percentages, and does not work in everything. Get the LB and mix around 2%.

3 Likes

im happy you found a good percent to use with the LB

2 Likes

Have you tried TPA Vanilla Bean Gelato?

I have friends that get the pepper taste from VBIC but not from VBG. I prefer the Gelato anyway.

3 Likes

the gelati is Dike tone free right ???

1 Like

Yes it is.

1 Like

Gelato is very good but needs a long steep in a VG base

1 Like

So the past few years have really gotten me intrigued on the whole pepper thing. I always reach out to flavor companies, and TPA is actually one of the more helpful ones that I have conversed with, besides Wonder Flavors. They have recommended some really great flavor alternatives to the ones I taste pepper in, once they told me about French Vanilla Deluxe (as an alternative to Vanilla Custard), there was no going back, I loved it immediately. Now in their reasoning for the pepper taste, which they say is Vanillin is somewhat confusing. I use 10% Vanillin with no pepper taste at all, just a clean, mallowy, powdery vanilla. And yet, so many of my favorite flavors contain high amounts of Vanillin (trust me, I’ve inquired). So could it be the amount used? Maybe not, I’ve used a lot with no problems. My inkling is that it has to be the way Vanillin reacts with another flavoring ingredient, an ingredient that is specific to VBIC, White Chocolate, and Vanilla Custard (all TPA). I taste it in all of them. This is only my best guess, but the pepper thing has plagued me for two years now.

5 Likes

My wife and I both taste pepper or something that really puts us off. Starting off this was hard because there are so many recipes that include these flavors. However, I tried Cap VC v1 with Vanilla Swirl and can not stand the combination. Do you get the same when using Van Swirl or is this something else? I have used both separately with decent results but just can not do more than 2% Cap VC in any case. I pretty much avoid TFA but the vanilla or vanillin sure makes sense.

1 Like

Check this out.

2 Likes

@Pentine did some investigating into this at one point. Here’s what he found:

It’s possible it’s a combination of the vanillin and butyrate? I see he lists vanillin as being among the culprits, but since @Silhouette you said you use vanillin itself without the effect, maybe you’re right in that it’s a reaction with something else. :thinking:

4 Likes

I made @Silhouette Simply Bangin Banana Pudding (hooked on it) again yesterday and it uses Vanillin along with 3 other vanilla’s. It’s bizarre to me that I only get the pepper taste with TFA yet am using their vanillin. When I first started I thought it was just me but apparently many people are experiencing the same thing. It would be really helpful to figure this out.

4 Likes

Yeah 2% was good. Thank you for the advice.:+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

I agree. I’m fortunate that I don’t get the pepper note (that I can recall anyway and I use a lot of TPA VBIC), but you’re right, there’s a ton of people that do and there are a lot of flavors that can trigger it, apparently.

4 Likes