Thanksgivathon! (Ideas Right Now)

So I was thinking it would be neat to do a Thanksgiving Givathon, something that would be cheaper and accessible to anyone that wanted to participate. I just wanted to test the waters to see what everyone thinks. The Givathon would comprise of:

1. Anyone can list a flavor they have wanted to try, but haven’t bought yet. To make this simpler, list a first, second, and third choice (to make it easier to fulfill the want by increasing flavor choices).

2. If you or anyone has that flavor, send it off to the person wanting to try it. Only send if its something you don’t strictly use all the time, and only if it is financially feasible.

Let me know if you think this is a good idea! We can always change it later, this was just my initial idea.

• Yes
  • No
  • What The Heck You Thinking?

0 voters

1 Like

Its a great idea but think about postage… There was a movement not to long ago where people were trading flavours but doing it in bulk working out best routes etc…

Maybe a Santas Pass the Parcel of Sorts where the parcel does the rounds and people take out their flavour then pass it on?

3 Likes

I agree location is key, when included user/givers can calculate shipping costs.

1 Like

If you are talking about Brand New Bottles then you can buy and send from source of purchase

2 Likes

The basic thought is wonderful. i got pif’d some flavors from some generous folks when thoughts of them going bad since they had so much or dont use the flavor anymore. i got to try diff things that i would never have thought to buy myself.

2 Likes

Maybe we could work out two sections for users, a UK/EU section and USA. For USA it would obviously be First Class, in those bubble mailers. Just an idea at this point, but it would be fun to organize something that is financially do-able for everyone involved.

3 Likes

Oh Amber you forgot the most important group - the aussies :rofl:

5 Likes

This is why I need help! I’m not familiar with other countries shipping/costs. There has to be something we can do so that people aren’t excluded. Craps, I have to ponder.

1 Like

our shipping is high to you guys and yours is high to us uk is cheap to everywhere.

so you may have to do usa to usa
au to au
Europe to Europe

3 Likes

So 3 subgroups, that could work. I hope there are enough people per group to get something rolling. I remembered I tried to get an estimate to ship @Lolly HS Caramel Toffee and the shipping estimate was like $40. I had no idea it was that high.

1 Like

Excellent idea for sure! working out the finer points will be key👍🏻

Let me start out saying, this is a great idea. Now for the however. (There’s always howevers)
There are 151XXX folks that are registered users.
Would there be any limitations as to who could participate? 151,000 people participating would be a nightmare trying to keep track of.
I don’t mean to be a Scrooge about this, I think it’s a great idea, but figuring out the logistics of this if even just a couple hundred people participated … Holy Crap!

I was thinking this would be more open-ended, and user oriented. Like, list a flavor you want to try, if someone has it and is willing to shoot it your way, they respond. I understand it will probably have to be grouped by region, but after that it will be solely up to the responding user to send the flavor. I guess it was good in theory, maybe implementing will just be a pita.

2 Likes

You were on a walkabout. We just did not want to disturb you. “Most important” my TP stuffed in your arse on fire, my arse.

1 Like