That YES moment that gets immediately crushed :-(

Saw an article today in a Dutch magazine about the ‘new smoking’. Finally an article about e-cigarettes I thought!
Wrong, although the e-cigarette was mentioned, it was a glorifying article about the tobacco industry bringing out the HeatStick.
I should’ve known better :pensive:

All of a sudden the e-cigarette is dubbed a traditional smoke :upside_down:

5 Likes

Oh, if this is their strategy to embrace harm reduction while maintaining their grip on smokers, it might work in the short term but all of their research to prove that their vaporized tobacco is so much safer will absolutely ALSO prove that our products are safer. They’ll be negating their own propaganda.

1 Like

“Heats tobacco” - lol what were people doing before?

Still not going to stop you inhaling all the carcinogens, if anything it will purify them

1 Like

[giant robot voice] ToBaCCo.must.sell.ToBaCCo

4 Likes

Problem is that BIG TOBACCO and media deems vaping as a fad. It will go away they say. They slam small shops with huge unpayable taxes to squish the sales and production of quality vapes. I feel like an underground club, like the prohibition era. BIG TOBACCO is scared, as well as they should be that vaping will over take analogs. That is why it is up to us to advocate and spread the word. They more we spread the more we can kick others of the analogs.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure their research will be as rigged as all the other BS research we’ve seen before.

3 Likes

They can’t have it both ways. Either the vapor is safer or it’s not. We all know it is. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what they try to claim. Maybe they’ll say that heating the actual tobacco is all natural and not artificial like e-juice? I wouldn’t put it past them, lol.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly :pensive:

2 Likes

Well yeah but this strategy will backfire because most people know there are thousands of toxins in their tobacco. It’ll still take a lot of work with advocacy and grassroots marketing on our part but we can so easily use their own studies against them.

1 Like

The unfortunate fact is not everyone who tries vaping is able to quit tobacco smoking. These products are being researched and currently marketed in at least 10 countries currently and planned to be in as many as 20 by 2017 years end. The marketing strategy is obviously aimed at current adult smokers. What little research has been published regarding this method is very vague and biased in my opinion. Of course at 350 Celsius the reduced exposure to harmful constituents is going to be lower but they ARE still present. The comparison to smoking used as a baseline in their conclusions and the exclusion of vaping products in their research is why I say biased. The articles in the media were like a free ad for the tobacco company when they were published months ago and it annoyed me then… so I can relate @Josephine_van_Rijn

1 Like

A company came out with something very similar to this 10 yrs back. It had carbon (more or less coal) in the tip of the cigarette that you light. The heat of to coal wouldn’t burn the tobacco. It was awful and didn’t help at all.

This to me looks like the perfect device for green kinda substances. Which pisses me off bc that was one of the fda’s big issues with vapeing.

1 Like

Good God, why would anyone vaporize that crap?

1 Like

Good Old Daily Hate-Mail, They have been anti-vaping (also anti gay, anti poor people, anti non whites, anti non Christians, anti decency) forever, and completely cosied up to the big baccy companies, look how they’re kissing the “new Tech”'s arse while dissing vaping with is allegedly a cartridge FILLED with Nicotine !

1 Like

[quote=“Skullblade789, post:5, topic:93443, full:true”]
Problem is that BIG TOBACCO and media deems vaping as a fad… [/quote]

[quote=“Daily Hate-Mail Article”] But manufacturers reckon the recent craze for e-cigarettes …etc
Yup ![/quote]

How Farking BLATANT is the Bias ???:

oh gosh, I knew all along that dear mr Phillip Morris really had my own interests at heart, damn you vaping people trying to kill me for your own profit !

1 Like

Using the success of vaping to push their inferior product, the hypocrisy! They claim to have spend 1.2 billion on research but greasing pockets is more likely.

I only just noticed this article is from 2014, the article in Elsevier is from this week. I just noticed it when I was out shopping because it was plastered all over the front page. [quote=“Kalahariuk, post:14, topic:93443”]
E-cigarettes … contain a cartridge filled with nicotine.
[/quote]

Yup, how stupid can you get? OMG they’ve never heard of 0MG e-liquid!
It is of course not in their interest that people can wean themselves of nicotine by gradually lowering the dose in the liquid they use. Just stick a cigarette in our little box and keep sucking up the same dose of nicotine with the enhanced benefits of all the other crap we’ve put in those cancer tubes and we will only draw attention to the chemicals you (might) avoid by not burning the filthy thing :angry:

Siiiigh

on the plus side though … as you have just brought it up above 0 mg Nic …
I now vape 0mg nic mostly as of last week, when I couldn’t be bothered to put the nic into a mix :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The only reason I still have a small amount of nicotine in my liquid is because I still have nicotine and I’ve paid for the stuff. You know what they say about the Dutch :smirk:
I do not suffer from withdrawal when I cannot vape. I only ever vape at home and never take anything with me when I go out. It doesn’t matter how long I’m out, I never crave for a vape like I did for a rollup. Jeez, going out without having a pack of tobacco in my pocket was unthinkable, the idea alone would make me hyperventilate.

1 Like