The American Academy of Pediatrics Issues Sweeping Recommendations on Tobacco and E-Cigarettes

The American Academy of Pediatrics Issues Sweeping Recommendations on Tobacco and E-Cigarettes

1 Like

Tune in next week for another episode of As The Bullshit Churns…

2 Likes

Grrrrrrrrrrrgh! That pisses me off.

2 Likes

If you bend your elbow and take a drag… you must be smoking.

3 Likes

That’s unreal. :rage:

2 Likes

Fear not. These idiotic arguments are predicated on the assumption all e liquid contains nicotine. Once zero nic enters the equation the basis for their argument loses its umph. Even if they alter their argument to exclude no nic liquids, it causes the wheels of bureaucracy to slow down and gives vaping researchers and lawyers the chance to formulate their response strategy.

1 Like

This week’s hate on ecigs. Well for starters teenagers are Guna try stuff they’re at that age of temptation and want to be rebels if it ain’t ecigs then it’s the next thing. Ppl are guna hate what they don’t understand, I for one as well as everyone else on this forum knows that ecigs are the lesser of two evils when it is compared to just about anything a teenager/ adolescent could try ie. booze, cigs,street drugs, huffers. This pisses me off. ughhh

@SthrnMixer I immediately was thinking on the same lines…who said any of those kids Had nic in their e juice ?

Right. I think our education system is largely to blame. I mean I know it’s been a while, but critical thinking was one of the classes I took that had the greatest impact on me. I won’t say I’ve sharpened my critical thinking skills to a razor edge, but at the same time some of this crap they try shoveling down our throats is all too obvious. This one article is an image of virtually every logical fallacy there is. Yet because it’s government or some other bureaucratic agency, we’re supposed to glom onto every word and accept it as gospel. Guess what…if it didnt’ work…if Americans weren’t so naive and ignorant, it would fail every time. In my adult life I can point to several examples of “sheeple” drinking the Kool Aid. I won’t point them out because it always turns into something. But I’m sure you get the point.

2 Likes

We need to ban cars next. Only families without children should have cars. They’re just too dangerous.

There’s something about an Indian Accent that gets to me a nice reassuring feeling LOL Nicotine Propaganda: Don’t feed the LIARS!

I wonder how much Big Pharma paid the doctors to put out that “advice”?

It seems they missed this [First Study to Examine Passive Vaping Under Real-Life Conditions Finds No Chemicals of Concern in Room Air] 2

Did I miss the cited links to the research that they “claim” or did they even claim even any? The American Academy of Pediatrics Issues Sweeping Recommendations on Tobacco and E-Cigarettes - See more at: https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/Pages/Tobacco-and-E-Cigarettes.aspx#sthash.0eMmsV8O.dpuf

“There is no scientific evidence that supports the efficacy or safety of e-cigarettes”

Meaning “we don’t have any evidence to say there is but we would like you to think we do”

This kind of propaganda just makes me sick. I could go into more about the politics here but I won’t. :scream:

T

They need to worry more about the Lunchables and other Processed Meats being fed to kids for school lunches. This has been proven to cause cancer. Processed meat causes cancer, says World Health Orginization Last I checked id was required to buy cigs, but anyone can buy processed meats…triple sin tax and id required next for all us bacon lovers…pig fat rules

1 Like

I can’t even read this stuff anymore, I deal with stupid people all day. This makes me think I’ll get a brain cloud…

Sunlight causes cancer too, we must pass laws to keep the children indoors from 6AM-6PM, just to be safe!

What’s really sad is I see kids on a daily basis getting into worst things than ecigs. If you raise your kids right they will avoid most trouble. But it’s in child’s nature to be curious and that’s something that can’t be cured with legislation.