The aromamizer plus rdta prevent juice spit on mod

Do you have your juiceflow wide open on your aromamizers?

3 Likes

I do ā€¦

2 Likes

I usually run between 65 and 85 Joules. I prefer a warm but not hot vape. The design of the coils will have the biggest influence on obtaining the preferred vapor temperature. I like designing my coil build using the Android ā€œVape Tool proā€ app. I think they have one for iOS too. The pro is the paid version. It has what they call the ā€œsweet spotā€ calculator. You design a coil and then bring up the sweet spot calculator to set your preferred vapor temperature. You then move the power slider around to adjust you coil wraps. If you canā€™t achieve the temperature you want you can redesign your coil and start the sweet spot calculator again, dial it in and select use this coil. It takes you back to the coil design page and you look at the suggested Wattage setting at the bottom. It should fall in the temperature scale just above it. Sometimes it doesnā€™t and you need to redesign and tweak again till you achieve a good coil design. Oh, you also need set the Voltage before you design. Thatā€™s harder to do with regulated mods as the mod changes the voltage. I usually start with 4.2, the mod will adjust to the design. Attached is a quick example of a coil design that started as 5 wraps, adjusted to 6 to get the slightly above medium temp(too hot for me). You can see this is not a good design as the suggested Wattage of 54W setting doesnā€™t fall within the temperature scale. The 24 awg wire is too thick for the 3mm coil diameter with 5 or 6 wraps.

Occasionally the suggested setting is sometimes wrong. It will be obvious when that happens. I have written the developer and Iā€™m waiting a response. If you think that happened you can just use ohmā€™s law to plug in the other values and find out what it should be. So the tools not totally bug free but itā€™s pretty close. You can always double check with steam engine.

3 Likes

Thats intresting i have 4core aliens ni80 5wraps i dont remember how thick they are.and they land at0.18-0.20ohms and i vape regulated always.

2 Likes

@min0 Not having all the parameters from you, I just threw out some single coils using all N80 wire and designing for 5 wraps.

I have never used or seen up close Alien coils. Since I donā€™t know about them, I donā€™t know if I picked wire gauges suitable for building them.

This first one is probably in the best range for a hot coil you are after. The two after that are using a different gauge wires. The second one is out of range and should be scrapped. The third one is in range and should work but notice how the chosen sweet spot Wattage is changed in the final build display. That means you will have to drive up the Wattage from the final build pages 96 suggested Wattage to the 140 Sweet spot to achieve the hot temperature vapor you want. You can do this but the coils and cotton are going to have a shorter life.

I hope I got my analysis right, I still consider myself as kind of new to coil design and Iā€™m not an expert. If I got anything here wrong then hopefully someone can chime in and explain so I can learn from my mistakes.

Remember those are single coils of 3.5mm inside diameter and my examples are just that. I am not suggesting that this would be good for the Aromamizer Plus. I use 4.5 to 6mm for the A+'s.

2 Likes

really ?! they are nothing more than claptons with the wavy fuse.
when i first saw them, i was like how the hell do they do that. now, i have made a few. and while they do take skills and practice, they not nearly as hard as they look to make.

not my pic, i wish.

4 Likes

i now have mine soaking.

3 Likes

No need to soak if itā€™s the wick your talking about. Right after you get the wick in and just like you want it, with the deck still seperate from the tank, turn power on. Put a line of thick juice across the coil any it will soak in sort of fast since itā€™s the first juice on a dry wick. Second line might too. Now on a lower power start adding juice then pulse the power and you will see the juice soak right in as it thins from the heat. Do it till its all wet and almost completely saturated.
Now you can put it together and vape immediately. I learned that from one of the ladies on this forum, I think it was @muth :relaxed:

Hereā€™s pictures of dual vertical coils that need to be coil cleaned and re-wicked.

The only time I have ever got dry hits from the A+ with wire coils is when I forget to open the juice control after filling it. The mesh deck is new to me and I am getting dryā€™ish hits if I vape my normal way of vaping. If I go slower than I like to it doesnā€™t happen. I believe you should be able to chain-vape the crap out of any atomizer without dry hits. If you canā€™t ever figure it out to be able to the design is flawed somehow. Iā€™m thinking I need a larger amount of cotton for the given area of mesh?

YuckšŸ¤® but damn that one has been a great vape!

Wick length just sitting on the cut outs, nothing going thru but the cut outs are completely covered.

I use a lot of cotton because I prefer the big diameter coils at around 0.3 Ohmā€™s per pair. 5.1mm diameter. I use enough cotton that itā€™s a careful tight pull into the coil but not do tight I canā€™t move it side to side without bending the coil. If I thin at all, itā€™s very little and itā€™s really not to thin, itā€™s to straighten the fibers. The fibers should be parallel to one another just like the hollow fibers and channels of Celery. When I straight using a pick I always lose some fiber so itā€™s thinning but very little.
I believe the second most important thing to do besides having parallel cotton is to free the ends where you cut it to length. The very ends of the cut get bunched up and fused together. If not freed up it makes for a poor wick because the tips are not parallel (canā€™t draw juice efficiently), and the bunching up of the cut effectively reduces the amount of fiber surface that would otherwise be capable of handling a higher volume of juice for the same draw.(think bigger piece of Celery).
To un-bunch the tail end, I use my curved ceramic tweazers and my fingers. Iā€™ve tried using two tweezers but I canā€™t control them delicately so as to maintain control but I can when using one tweezer and my fingers. I start at one side of the wick end holding the bulk of the opposite side with my fingers but lightly so as not to further bunch up the end. Then I take a very small bit of of fiber close to the end but not right on it and I seperate it a little. I scoot my tweezers over but a tiny bit and repeat till Iā€™ve worked across the entire tail left to right or right to left. Then I do the same thing only top to bottom or bottom to top. The finished un-bunched tail is now fluffed way too much :turkey:and I gently work it back close to the diameter of the part near the junction of the cotton into the coil. Repeat for all tails then start laying the tails into the well. The curved tweezers work great for this. Since itā€™s fluffed a bit it wonā€™t all just lay right in, I get it started then hold it with the tip of my finger as I work the stragglers over the edge and into the well. When finished the well should be covered completely. At least almost completely, sometimes I leave the very corners a tiny bit exposed so as to not mess up the import rest of the well area.
A wick tail fluffed in this manner has space to still compress to fill the well and without packing too tight.

It does take too much time! Takes me at least an hour to coil and wickšŸ™„. I couldnā€™t do it without a second mod to puff onšŸ˜„

5 Likes

Nice verticals, Jim :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:. Iā€™m even slower rigging vertical coils :turtle:

4 Likes

iā€™m taking this thing outside and throwing it down the street.

lol, but really. i am going to give it a try shortly. soaking = i was cleaning it, i soak them.

on a side note, i started using my 2 Profile Unities. dry hit or leak, its a fine line that i have yet to find.

5 Likes

Verticals take some time especially the wicking. When I heard that @SessionDrummer does all his testing on dual verticals I was impressed with his efforts even more. He does it so much, changing out his wicks for the next flavor that heā€™s pretty fast at it. Heā€™d be a good person to discuss verticals with if you need to.

4 Likes

Mesh wicking needs to be tight and sometimes cut at a slant on the top, from the ends of the coil downwards (see a tutorial for details).

I dry burn all my coils including mesh for cleaning. Just pulse on low power until red and brush off the burnt dried gunk. I like using a small wire brush (toothbrush size). I learned a trick from some friends. After cleaning the gunk off and the coil is dry and ready to wick, stick a mandrel through the coil to hold it steady and polish it with a brass wire brush. Your coil will be shiny new again.

5 Likes

Session was my inspiration to try vertical coils :drum:

Yeah, he does way to much for us DIYā€™ers. He must have been born to meticulously vape test. Iā€™m very thankful for his time consuming work and very generously sharing. :trophy:

5 Likes

yes. i just wicked this one, half suprised its not leaking, that is how loose the tails are. its been ssitting a bit and not leaking. i just took 3 med sized drags from it and seems 1 more is a dry hit. this shit is why people gave up on vaping = PITA. iā€™m starting to think max Vg is the problem, do the chinese know that max Vg is a thing ?

3 Likes

Oh yes, Iā€™m sure they do :wink: Sometimes it helps to post a pic of your build so folks can see where it might need a tweaking. Mesh is not easy to wick. Takes some getting used to. Practice makes perfect as they say. Donā€™t throw it out the window yet, lol. But if you should decide to Iā€™ll be happy to catch it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s kind of what I figured(but not right away). I take a cup and fill it with hot water from the coffee maker and take em down completely, soak em for a few minutes and dry everything. Then I lube it all up with a tobacco flavor since I think any other flavor goes well with tobacco.

What do you soak them in?

3 Likes

You guys soak your coils to clean them? Geez, how long do you wait for that to happen? Or are you talking about something else? Are you talking drop-in coils? If so, Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™m in the wrong conversation.

2 Likes

Not coils, the tank or RDA.

3 Likes

new or been sitting a while = booze, seagrams 7 now, thats what i have. 50/50 with water. stronger if its really dirty. anywhere from 1 hour to 1 day. then a heavy water rinse.

3 Likes