The Best way to Steep?

Hi folks,

Im new to this game and ive just made myself what im hoping to be a really good juice. its got custard, vanilla, cream amongst others and what i wanna know is. What is the best way to steep my juice and how long should i steep it for because im seeing loads of conflicted info.

regards

Rich

1 Like

Custards can take over 12 days to come together, but it usually gets better the longer you let it sit I’ve learned, but that would be for something like Vanilla Custard V1 by Capella. I’ve heard of many other ways of steeping and from my understanding Time would be the best way to steep, so be patient.

Additionally you might want to mix up a couple bottles of your juice and have one to vape right away while the other one cures.

3 Likes

In a cool cupboard, importantly keep out the light. Other methods are normally for speeding up. Just time, it can’t hurt to let it breath say for a couple hours max early days. Just to vent off any alcohol and other chemically volatiles that are in some flavours. But I find they go with just a plain old fashioned steep anyway. I like the old school way of time in a dark box at the bottom of my cupboard. Less fuss, more patience.

3 Likes

The best real way is to blend in a mag mixer then lock it away, if you don’t have a mixer then shaking the crap out of it will suffice, for custards try your best to leave it alone for AT LEAST a month (good luck with that lol) but the longer the better, if your new to this then give it a quick test once a week so you can taste the difference, you’ll be amazed at the difference between a 2 week custard and a 2 months one :thumbsup:

3 Likes

heres what i do with recipes like this i always use a mag mixer like @Pugs1970 said if you dont have one shake it then put away in a dark cool environment ( i have a steeping box ) after two weeks test make notes then 3 weeks take notes 4 weeks take notes if you cant taste a big difference between the weeks then you will know 2 weeks is good however if you do notice the difference between weeks that would be your answer , to be honest i rarely taste a huge difference between a month and two months but thats me so usually a month with heavy custards does it for me

3 Likes

Time is the best way to steep. Dark and Cool place.

I have a cool trick to test your mixes as they steep. I mix all of my flavors together before adding VG, PG or Nic. with any new recipe I mix enough flavor to make an extra 30mls of juice in a seperate bottle and leave it alone. After a week I take out the flavor mix and make 5mls of juice and let it set overnight. I then compare the difference in flavor from 1 week to 1 day. I do this each week and get a feel of how the mix changes from week to week. It’s much easier than trying to remeber at week 3 or 4 what the juice tasted like when you first made it.

4 Likes

One month steep and shake a few times during that month. Works every time for most all mixes.

2 Likes

Time… That is the best way… It’s hard I know I struggle with it daily… As others have said a put it in a cool dark place and leave it alone… My best advice is to find you some good shake and vapes that are good to go in 24 to 48 hours to hold you over… It’s worth the wait

2 Likes

I agree with your method Jayrell do you or anyone have any good SNV links?
I’m waiting for my Juices to steep and am running out of juices that
are ready to vape ( I screwed up and waited too long to start mixing more)

1 Like

They say this is a shake n vape but I waited 3 days and it is awesome after 3 days but gets even better with time

1 Like

i think wayne has a couple that are snv or three day steeps like his honeydew one and his svicc

1 Like

Most of my snv as of right now are primarily one flavor mixes… I like blue raspberry slush from OSDIY (it’s a blend) at 10% but better after it sits for 2 to 3 days… The Mrs. Likes cap golden pineapple at 10% as a snv I think it’s missing something personally but hey she is happy with it… @therabidweasel has an AWESOME snv called pearvana that is a floral and let me warn you it’s NOT for the faint hearted it packs a huge punch but if you like ylang ylang it’s an awesome vape good morning wake up call… The caramel comes through better after 36 hours lol yes I have that down to a science… I will see if I can link it on my phone… I have a couple more but in the car headed to work atm so I will have to get back to you on those… Hth

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/350880/Pearvana

There might be some goodies for you here, Steve:

In my opinion, if you are putting on a good mixer, no more than a couple days of aging is needed.

Depends on what you are using. Fuji Apple, one of my favs, has a tart taste to it after three days. After 30 days it mellows and really makes the juice. Use in Luiquid State Apple Butter clone, Rhodonite and Snow Fuji.

2 Likes

If you’re looking to get the most out of a mix, you’ll know your flavors well enough to tell when it’s at its best - two days or a month. Imho.

1 Like

For the past 7 years I’ve experimented with virtually all known methods and always return to this approach.
I believe agitation and time to be the two most important elements here.
Do NOT introduce heat, light or aeration.

I use a shaker pad and or a magnetic stir plate but do not use open beakers without a lid of some sort.
Homogenizing is what you are going for and then it is into a cool dark cupboard for varying intervals dependant on your ingredients. Temperatures should be under 77 degrees. Personally, a wine cooler is perfect for areas of high humidity or high temps and those that have large amounts of concentrated flavors and e liquids.

There is no set rule for how long to steep. It’s based entirely on what’s in the bottle.

1 Like