The Clapton Tool

@Jondamon can you see this with 3 Claptons. I just ordered it and can’t wait for it to get here. I’ll probably be waiting all week.

2 Likes

Holy triple claptons. Lol.

I’d be thinking triple fused or triple with parallel twisted.

J

1 Like

Is that a little “anti-spit back” cap that screws down over the coils? Link to site, please! Thx

1 Like

http://focalecig.com/

2 Likes

That’s going to be 3x lower resistance. I may be able to with all kanthal. But then I’ll have to worry about ramp up time.

What’s the name of the atty?

It’s called the Rampage

1 Like

And with Nichrome it would probably be so low you couldn’t fire it lol.

It’s a catch 22.

What are you thinking to build on it?

3 claps?

J

If I go verticle I could get more wraps per coil and my be able to get away with Nichrome or SS.

1 Like

Double and Triple Parallel Claptons. I got some serious staged heating going on with these 2. I made them both out of pieces of left over wire so I don’t know the wire type. Also they both are under .2 ohm.

4 Likes

These must hit ridiculously hard ! What’s the ramp up like ?

1 Like

the fuzed part has about a 1 sec delay and its at full blaze in about 4 secs

1 Like

The staged heating on this coil looks phenomenal!!!

Have you seen the transformer coil by VaporHut???

Thinking I might wrap one tonight with Kanthal only and see what she ohms out at.

That’s not too bad . Looks awesome though man ! I gotta try and find some time to get my wrap on !

1 Like

I gave it a shot. I think I spaced the flat ribbon too much tho because it separated too much when I wrap the coil. I paralled it with a new Clapton I was working on this morning. This new Clapton has 4 cores… 2x 28g kanthal and 2x 28g 317L. I added more wraps because I think the ohms will be super low. A total of 10 strands in parallel.

5 Likes

Looks great.

Yeah I think the ribbon was a bit too spaced.

I’m gonna try one in a few hours.

J

1 Like

I pulled it apart and squeezed it together. There is at least 15 ft. of wire in this 1 coil. This thing is gonna be a beast… if it’s above .1 ohm!

4 Likes

Did you manage to test the ohms on the transformer coil?

Here’s a couple of shots of mine.

This was 2x 26/36 claptons with .5mm Ribbon fused and parallel 24g.

This measured .18ohms.

Insane flavour and Vapor on this build to be fair.

When I get chance I’m going to make it with 2x 28/36 claptons with parallel 26g, or possibly to give it a different look I might try using the tiger wire in parallel.

J

3 Likes

width=“690” height=“309”> No I haven’t mounted yet.

Projects I’v been working on.

5 Likes

I’m waiting for angelcigs to get the black one back in stock. Love the look of this one. Since you’ll get yours soon, will you post a review?

1 Like