The Flavor Apprentice Reviews

Well guys, this thread is supposed to be for tfa flavor reviews so let me tell you of a few.

French Vanilla Cream 5 star
Caramel (original) 5 star
Cotton Candy (EM) hard to rate 5 stars as a flavor but can rate 5 stars as the job it does as EM
Vanilla Swirl 4-5 stars
Cinnamon Sugar cookie 5 star

Mary Jane - Tastes perhaps like the leftover bong water from the movies Evil Bong I, II, and III. This is a exaggeration to be funny, couldn’t resist. Let’s just say a swing and a miss 3 stars if generous.

M-type, Tobacco, Red Type, Red Type 2 If tobacco had tasted like any of these I doubt myself or anyone else would had started smoking. Perhaps if you take the time to find what to mix with them…

Smooth - Guess it works, how can you really tell. I doubt I will ever do a side by side comparsion, one with smooth, one without. Let’s just say I can not rate it badly.

Mocha, this stuff smells so bad I have yet to, nor do I think I ever will blend with it. I’m guessing the drain freshener of JimK’s post smells better than this stuff.

That’s it for now, I have picked up about 8 new TFA flavors so maybe I can tell ya about them as I get to use them.

Oh, let me tell you a bit about one. I now have the TFA Cocoa Essence If I could rate by the packaging, this stuff is a winner. Get this, it sells for $16 per 80ml container. The container is literally brushed metal with a plastic cap. Couldn’t believe it when I first saw it. Hope it doesn’t blow when I open it. It is flameable supposedly…

3 Likes

I used Mexican Liqueur at 5% in a couple of different recipes and I didn’t feel I over did it. I love the taste! That flavor and the Tiramisu are my favorite TFA buys.

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks for sharing your thoughts…and now we know!

1 Like

Thanks JimK; At 5% it should last me awhile. Hope I get some time soon to play with this flavor. Bought it with Ideas already hatched. Now if I can only keep from breaking the Yolk lol…

1 Like

Once bought a mango flavor at Vapor Shots, beware, Now FLAVOR ENVY, that smelled like Cat Piss. My wife pointed this out and would not let me blend with it in the house. Guess she was right because a customer agreed with my wife.

Sooooo, I filled up a spray bottle and would spray around outside to keep the Tomcats away LOL

Truth be told TRASHED…

2 Likes

I’ve made a couple of coffee flavours 6 days ago.

I gave them to a friend (DIY customer) who enjoys coffee.

I have the recipes on private for now and I’ll publish if the feed back is good.

V1 coffee
Bavarian cream TFA
Brandy TFA
Coffee TFA
Sweetener TFA

V2 coffee
Bavarian cream TFA
Ethyl Vanillin TFA
coffee TFA
sweetener TFA.

If it needs any tweaking after sampling then I’ll tweak it and post the recipe.

J

1 Like

I forgot that they aren’t private so I might aswell share.

V1 was supposed to be similar to an Irish style Coffee but with brandy instead of Irish cream. You could quite easily use Irish cream in place of brandy.

V2 was supposed to (hopefully) be a slightly creamier recipe using the vanillin to ofset some of the coffee.

I must admit the smell of these2 are pretty good.

I gave them a 2 day breath and a 4 day steep.

I’ll find out on Monday whether either recipe is a success or whether they need any modifying.

Thankfully the friend is going to give me an unbiased opinion, I asked her to note down any tastes she noticed on the inhale and exhale. Whether coffee was too strong or not strong enough, whether the brandy or vanillin came through at all etc etc.

So I hopefully will get some good feed back as these are my first 2 recipes that I’ve done the %'s for myself without following someone else’s recipe or similar etc.

J

3 Likes

I have a buddy who was tired of buying B&M juices. His fav was Gentleman Reserve from the Steam Co. Made a batch of my own comparing it to a 5ml sample bottle of the original…now he Vapes my Ky Bourbon v2. I’ll have him mixing soon.

3 Likes

Hey @Jimk I’ve updated the v1 and v2 with a comment from the friend who tried them out.

She used 2 seperate tanks to sample. Vaped V1 all yesterday evening and v2 all day today.

Check it out.

V2 came up trumps for usage.

surprisingly v1 had a comment that it could be a very good choice for those converting from analogues as it had a similar feel and kick to it that an analogue would give.

Needless to say I’ll be testing these myself once I see her to collect what’s left of each.

J

2 Likes

Nice! I looked at the recipes. They do look quite tasty! Feels good when you hit on a great mix. My wife give me lots of feedback and support and she can be brutally honest, thank goodness!

2 Likes

I just got a 5% discount code for Bull City Vapor: ELRECIPES

2 Likes

Looky there! I was hoping my email to Drew at Bull City would produce a coupon code. Told him I was talking up BCV on ELR and he might see some business if he offered a coupon code to the site! Well, there you go…it never hurts to ask, huh!

2 Likes

Just got an email from Drew at BCV…looks like we BOTH hit him up for a coupon code! Ha! Good job on tag-teaming the vendor.

2 Likes

TPA Dragon Fruit. I find this flavor horrible bad, but a lot of recipes that people love contain the DF. Did I get a bad batch or does anyone else not like it?

1 Like

Can’t say about TFA dragonfruit but I use FWs dragonfruit with great success

2 Likes

I’m not an expert, my initial order for flavors is on it’s way right now. I’ve noticed with e-Liquid recipes, you can click on a flavor and the median or average percentage to use is displayed along with notes from users of that flavor. Should be helpful if your looking for a starting place with that particular flavor.

1 Like

I cant even stand 1 drop in 30 mL … I know exactly what you mean Bro!!!

I did the sucker punch clone and I guess its the flavor (CAP). I thought it would be one i really liked but to me its musty and maybe spicy? My next flavors I will be ordering will be FA I’ll get a small sample from them and see??? or maybe my wizard labs nic is spicy? I’ve been considering ordering another brand NIC in vg since i mainly try to stay at 30/70.

I agree…nic has a major effect on flavor …also add during testing…your method btw…read it somewhere on a forum a couple yrs ago…ty…

I can’t seem to find that document?