The keg experiment

The experiment commences. Interested to see how/if aging time is changed in an oxygen-free environment (keg will be pressurised with Argon). Also interested to see if I can pour juice from the beer tap :stuck_out_tongue: which is not important but would be cool A/F.

19 Likes

Well - it looks like it works :rofl:
I couple of kinks to iron out.

1. It uses a lot of argon to push the juice out so I need a bigger canister
  2. The cheap ass tap I got is pretty shit and will need to be changed
  3. Dunno how the aging part will roll will let you all know as I taste test.

The bottle I poured out in this is my control bottle.

13 Likes

Pretty neat idea :bulb:
Good Luck :four_leaf_clover:
I hope you are pleased with the end result :raised_hand:

5 Likes

I am interested in your results. I did a test similar to that except I used the food saver and a mason jar. As a matter of fact, that is how I store my nic. I put it in the jar, take the air out and put it in the freezer.

It would be super cool if you could pour it out using the tap… :sunglasses:

5 Likes

It does pour with the tap - i just need a bigger argon canister to keep the pressure up (now that i know it pours out I will be getting a larger bottle).

It would be an excellent way to store nic.

5 Likes

That’s sweet, now you just need an rta with a 40ml capacity and fill holes big enough to fit the tap nozzle in lol

6 Likes

Meh. I think the hand sanitizer trick is much easier! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

@woftam Very cool…

4 Likes

Fixed the tap today and have a bigger bottle of argon on the way this week so I can up the pressure in the keg and it should pour a bit quicker.

6 Likes

agreed…

2 Likes

If you used helium instead of argon would you talk like Donald Duck when ya talked?

2 Likes

:rofl: Unfortunately I don’t think it would work be a bit like the great helium beer hoax a few years back

3 Likes

so if the keg goes well will there be an upgrade to the flavor fridge ???

2 Likes

Na probably not - don’t need to keep concentrates in kegs (yet :rofl:)

2 Likes

I was thinking e-juice dispensers on the side of the flavor fridge…

4 Likes

Should you need assistance in emptying the kegs for future storage requirements, please don’t hesitate to ask. I’m here to help.

Just sayin’…

7 Likes

Never say never - like a self serve ejuice machine like an instant coffee machine.

3 Likes

but why does my juice smell and taste like stale beer?

3 Likes

Only if you forget to wash your bottles (is just a big bottle lol) and that may be a bonus secret ingredient :wink:

3 Likes