The most ignorant things you have heard about vaping in person

This is the conversation I had with my boss a few years ago. She was lead to believe that a friend of hers drowned from e-cigs because she had switched from smoking and then died of a condition where she had fluid in her lungs. I told her it isn’t possible to drown from e-cigs, and we finished the conversation amicably, but I know she still thinks that is what happened.

7 Likes

Told my Doc I quit smoking and only vape now. He was like : "OH GREAT, OK eventully we’ll help you to stop vaping also. Next week I get to tell him Im down from 50MG to 8MG Nic.

Hoping when I get to 0 MG That he’ll say No Problem… Vape as much as you want, if it keeps you from picking up cigarettes again.

I think Most Doctors FULLy KNOW it’s 1000x’s better health-wise than combustible cigarettes. Just wish everyone else understood better.

6 Likes

When it comes to doctors I always remind myself of two things. 1. Someone is graduating at the bottom of every medical cohort. 2. Josef Mengele was a doctor.

7 Likes

I was just about to say this. I work in NYC and I can’t even count how many times someone has said this to me.

My standard response is “Sure do, it’s about 80% Vegetable Glycerin, and the rest is glycol, flavoring and some nicotine. Anything else I can help you with?”

They just usually look at me dumbfounded as I walk away blowing a cloud.

11 Likes

That sounds like Canadian slang yes?

8 Likes

Coworker: Is that a vape?
Me: Yeah (mental eyeroll)
Coworker: You know you’re inhaling formaldehyde, right?
Me: Shutthef***up…

9 Likes

Aussie LOL

7 Likes

Someone told me that vaping causes: Dizziness, Nausea, stools in the shape of question marks and a craving to rob a bank with a bow and arrow ¯_(ツ)_/¯

7 Likes

Im from uk where vaping has much better press and we still get stupid shit like this.
The antifreeze one is the most common.
At least most health professionals here actually know about vaping vs smoking.

9 Likes

The other one, that I loved, though not really ignorant because it’s clearly a piss take.

“Vaping caused ovarian cancer in men”

9 Likes

That’s the one I get all the time.
“No, I don’t know that. Do YOU know that?” :thinking:
“Well…um…erm…I heard…”

That’s what I thought. Move along.

8 Likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=qljBzXmTqjE CASE CLOSED!

9 Likes

Didn’t hear it in person, but this is definitely a new one for me.
“This is supposed to be better than a cigarette? I’d rather have weed.”

7 Likes

Who wouldn’t? :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Hey you won’t hear me say no, but at least I know that smoking it is not better than vaping

7 Likes

Me.

It’s a regret.

6 Likes

I actually thought this was the case…
I thought my sister & her fiancé were nuts for doing it!! (Never said tho - it was their choice).

I watched the show on vaping from the UK that Dr Michael Moseley did & that was the turning point for me. Did some research & about a month? after the switch was made!!

3 Likes