The new FW Malt

I probably shoulda asked this BEFORE I bought it, but what’s the profile on this one. When I saw it on BCF I was thinking it could be a nice add-on for Malted Milk, Dairy or some VBIC. But I seem to remember malt also being an ingredient in beer. Is this the same thing or no? Hell, I’m not even sure how to do a stand alone test on this because I’ve never tasted straight-up malt, so no point of reference.
Does anyone have any thoughts or insight to share?

-TZ

2 Likes

I just read a review over at /r/DIY_eJuice that suggested the flavor was more towards beer than milk/ice cream drink. It wasn’t a particularly glowing review from what I recall. Take a look:

4 Likes

Thanx for the link. Now I’m disappointed but glad I only bought 10ml.

1 Like

I’d say give it a whirl anyways-Everyone’s tongue is a bit different. What the reviewer was tasting might not be what you get from the concentrate. I’ve found a few times where he’s described a “Play-doh” flavor in some concentrates that I don’t get(The main one I’m thinking of is CAP Glazed Donut)

3 Likes

I’ve tried it in ice cream at 1% and it turned out like a malt milk shake. I think this flavor is going to be like AP and joy in that it can be used many different ways depending on the percentage you mix it at. Try it low with other creams/ice cream and see what you think. I mixed it at 6% solo as well and it reminded me of the malt balls candy without the chocolate.

4 Likes

See, that’s what I was going for. Maybe there’s hope for this one after all.
Thanx!

3 Likes

Here’s an idea I’m going to try for old times sake…lol…I’m going to take your pink panther milk and lower malted milk to 1% and add malt at 0.5%. I’m also going to change sweet Raspberry to Raspberry FA because my sweet Raspberry is super old.

1 Like

Here is what I came up with. I feel like I want to raise the malt though to 1%. Shake and vape the malt is really light but I’m pretty sure the creams will come through once it steeps. I lowered the strawberries because I vape at higher wattages now compared to what I used to when I only used a kanger tank.

Pink Panther Milk 2 : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1767234/Pink+Panther+Milk+2

0.5% Berryl (Raspberry) (FA)
2% Cream Fresh (FA)
0.5% Malt (FW)
1% Malted Milk (TPA)
1.5% Meringue (FA)
0.35% Strawberries (VZ gourmet)
3.5% Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
2% Sweet Strawberry (CAP)
0.5% Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA)

Flavor total: 11.85%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/e6RF

1 Like

You beat me to it. Pink Panther Milk was up on deck for this and I’m remixing it now as I type!
I appreciate your input Junkie! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Yes, I agree. Between you and JJL I’m gonna give it a shot!
Thanx for your comments brother.

2 Likes

Quite welcome! I’ll be interested to see what you come up with. keep us posted!

1 Like

Careful with the FA Raspberry at 0.5% totally took over the strawberry, which surprised me. Well not took over but severely compromised it. I dropped mine down to 0.25…or may switch back to TFA’s.

3 Likes

Yea it did a bit. I probably could lower it but I kind of like it right now. I’ll try it again lower.

1 Like