The NEW PistachioRY4 - have you made it?

Thanks! I should have mentioned that I only have access to the main TPAs (with concise titles), some FW and some CAP. :frowning:

Thanks for sharing looks really good

Sugar cookie would probably replace Vienna cream FA.

The pudding effect comes from custard FA. At ranges of 0.75-2% from my experiance. Tpa vanilla I just started using and may get you close.

But, just like I have done. Adapt adapt adapt. Youā€™ll probably come us with something that is amazing. Pistacio tpa is the star of course.

1 Like

Totally agree with the concept of adaption. While I try and use the ingredients listed, I will quite often need to adapt or change a few things to create a similar mix as the ones posted, in my personal notes I will list what I changed so as to possibly attempt the original if or when I do get the originals ingredients.

This week I will be getting my new flavors, so now I can make your Pistachio Pudding :relieved:

Have you made any more changes to this recipe?

Iā€™ll try to post up my working recipie on this thread later today when I get home. Itā€™s close but not all the way. I too will be getting new flavors in and the main one will be to add like 0.25% Pistacio FA.

1 Like

Ok. Here is my working recipie. Iā€™ve only done three variations and isnā€™t totally ready to post (my last one took six months), but for inspiration points for othersā€¦since sharing I caringā€¦

Pistacio tpa 6.5% (some people recommend more I donā€™t)
Custard FA 2% (meant to transform not create a custard)
Vanilla shisha INW 1% (could be swapped for vanilla classic FA or other full body vanilla)
Vienna cream FA 0.75%
Fresh cream FA 0.75%
Cookie FA 0.75%
AP 2 tiny drops (I donā€™t have a percent or volumn measurementā€¦itā€™s a fine tip bottle from ecx).

I did try a version with butterscotch FA, but it made my throat scratchy. If you have a candy butterscotch handy and you use it let me know.

I will be shifting my creams around with oba oba FA. I may even shift more towards a bit of vbic cap. Not sure. The pudding is there but itā€™s light. It needs to be bumped up just a tad without taking away from the Pistacio.

Please also note I am sensitive to specific flavors and others not. Spearmint, cinnamon, and AP I always do a light touch. The is of AP in this mix was an attempt to pull up and out the nut (thatā€™s what she said lol)

My next version will have the introduction of 0.25% Pistacio FA to add a bit more but crunchā€¦the earthy tone missing from tpa.

Please also be warned the total flavoring value is getting high and do something crazy like take Pistacio up to 7.5 or other may mute everything. That was my last note on the post-it note.

2 Likes

I will be making this by the end of the week.

Great. Let me know what you think. I know Iā€™ll be working on this one, I just have to see how many bottles I have available to mix with this Saturdayā€¦
And the great dilemma of having 13 brand new recpies to mix with this Saturday not including Pistacio. Grrrrr

nice recipe but i only have FA pistachio could i use it instead of the tpa and at what percentage , i just got pistachio a week ago my goal is a spumoni ice cream i hope i spelled that right but this recipe looks incredible as well

I havnt tried the FA version. Iā€™ll get it vape Mail today I hope. But from what I have read the FA version is more of an earthy nut taste. The tpa version is more of the pudding sweet taste (check out the flavor notes)

Iā€™ve been in your same boat. Missing a flavor. You can always try. It may be good. But you will be missing the sweet part. You will need to load it up with Atleast marshmallow to get close. Or combination of vanilla bean ice cream and marshmallowā€¦which means dropping the fresh cream out.

i guess ill just have to get the tfa pistachio lol , its like that with some fruits needing two of them to make a real good one

Yup. Lol. Itā€™s one of those flavors that when HIC said go this way or the other wayā€¦yeah go the other way. But like I said you could create something really great with just FA aloneā€¦just need to use building blocks.

I love Marble 27ā€¦ itā€™s the only recipe Iā€™ve made 120ml of. Def let it steep for 2 to 4 weeks before deciding if you like it.

@Chrispdx Yes the FA version is basically the taste of a real pistachio. Itā€™s very good imo, but I wouldnā€™t consider it a proper sub if you donā€™t have the TPA version because itā€™s completely different.

@fidalgo_vapes If you do sub the FA version, def go 1% or lower. I made a custard recipe with FA Pistachio @ 1.5% and thatā€™s pushing it. Itā€™s almost overpowering, but not quite.

1 Like

ty for the suggestion im going to order tfa today so i cld try your recipe , in the meantime you may have helped me with my spumoni ice cream ive been at 3.5 percent i just didnt want the cherry or any other flavor to hide the pistachio but i will start pistachio lower ty

My 4 weeks are past now so once I empty my tank Iā€™ll have a go at it.

the new pistachio ry4 use butterscotch ripple (FW), how essential is those butterscotch ripple (FW)?

canā€™t find it anywhere here in my country.

can i sub it using butterscotch (FW) ??

Itā€™s closer to a caramel than it is a butterscotch

I tried subbing a few flavors and it didnā€™t work to my Benifit.

My new mix as promised has been uploaded

1 Like