The Perfect Glazed Doughnut

The inclusion in your recipe of some OOO Powdered Sugar might be something to consider.

6 Likes

I tried the ooo powdered sugar, 1% and I don’t know… maybe it’s me, but I really wasnt impressed.
I found it muted most of my flv flavors in a few of the recipes I ran it on… who knows?? :smiley:

Could be I just don’t like powdered sugar in my vapes too lmao…
I like things with a bite! :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Michelle… what I would do is look at Flavorah…

with things like

donuts .4%
sweet dough .2%-.6%
Graham cracker eh… .4% to .6% for the texture…
Fried dough .2%-.4% for the greasy fried parts…
Vanilla pudding .4%-.6% for supporting the sweet bread…
Perhaps some nog… but I too would keep it at .2%-.4% as you do not need much at all for it… I find its stronger when weak for the spices…

I’d even look at the brulee… that has spices and sugars in it too…
def keep that one low… it makes me cough at anything over .4%

I’d go for some lemon, some frosting… and maybe even sugar orchid… but that might be too much for it…

I would def take advantage of smooth vanilla for a vanilla edge at 3 drops per 30 or .12%
(if your drops are set correctly - 50 drops per ml)

so many things you can add… like strawberries, blueberries, higher lemon… nuts and even other fruits or… I have played with donuts and tricks for a fruity donut…

thing is you need to make a list of where you want to aim… and have the flavors to mix with in front of you… let your own nose guide you… your own tongue will tell you no lies… as what is good for you, might not be for me.

4 Likes

The low down truth. I have 61 variations of doughnut at the moment in my private recipes that have not worked LOL.

4 Likes

so let me ask you this…

Did you start with your 10ml bottles and 2 drops… then worked up?
Most of the donuts I have found really like low amounts. They are bready… and depending on manufacture… some will work, you have to add things into them… which makes it better.

I can only vouch for flv as its all I work with… dunno what you have, Michelle but I can tell you what I have tried. Keep it up… you might find something.

3 Likes

I just got FLV Donuts so gonna work with these notes, thanks Smoky :wink:

I have never really worked on a Donuts recipe, I maybe have a donut in real life once a year and a coffee in the other hand…coffee is everyday though. I was thinking if I make a good donut recipe it is gonna have to be with one of my coffee recipes, vape the donut in one tank followed by the coffee in another tank…that sounds good :grin:

7 Likes

Start low on it… maybe 3 drops in 30 to start out mjag… I hear for some it is that strong.
Me I like it between .2% and .4% try it as a solo first before adding anything else with it and you will be fine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Will do just that, thank you

3 Likes

Got my wonderflavor doughnut in today… also Hollondaise which I’m sure I’m spelling incorrectly.

3 Likes

I got both of those but haven’t gotten around to trying them…not even gonna try spelling that last one :laughing:

2 Likes

LOL I probably shouldn’t have tried to spell it. I actually ordered the Hollon whatever for something else to test… supposedly it has the eggy yolk flavor but that will have to be proven to me… I’m NOT testing that on it’s own no matter how much someone pays me hahaha don’t want to taste egg yolk by itself if indeed it does taste like that.

3 Likes

Just as a thought, you probably already have, but did you ever try the FA wOw/Joy combo??
Wow @2%-.Joy @.5, .75ish watch Joy… you have to know how to work with it, SFT first.

Maybe supported by FLV Donut or Zeppola?

3 Likes

I never had play doh so I can only imagine what it tastes like.
Maybe you just need to get a few donuts and add them together in lower than usual %. Off notes are usually a sign of overuse.

2 Likes

tried the joy and zeppolla that was a no go for me. While I like zeppolla to me it’s not a fried dougnut… the joy which I used to love now taste like beer no matter what % I use it at even 0.25

4 Likes

Sharing the recipe created by Fresh03 for the Vape Rye Memorial Mix a Thon Glazed Doughnut

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3394523?

Michelle’s Krispy Cremes : https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3394523/Michelle’s%20Krispy%20Cremes

0.25% Avocado (Flavorah)
0.75% Deep Fried Pastry Dough (SC) (WF)
2.50% Glazed Donut (SC) (WF)
0.50% Super Sweet (CAP)
1.00% Vanilla Custard (CAP)
1.50% Yellow Cake (FW)

Flavor total: 6.5%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/y7Mr

Memorial still going on live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znVKUMZ-MIo

4 Likes

I’m making this the way it’s put here for the original recipe he made (I still have barely enough yellow cake FW to do that) and after that I’ll be using yellow cake by cap because … raisins (reasons).

4 Likes

Yellow cake JF is quite decent replacement to FW. Some like it even more.

3 Likes

Hey @authormichellehughes, I see I am not alone on a quest this year. I saw the thread and thought I may as well give you a look from my private recipe success of this very recipe chase. This works pretty well for a Glazed Donut to me and I hit this recipe hard for a long time. It looks like a doozy but it does represent a Glazed Donut surprisingly well.

5 Likes

That looks delicious @Beaufort_Batches I’ll mix this up along with Fresh’s this weekend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I heard that after I ordered Caps… I’ll stick in the JF yellow cake in my next order which probably won’t be long LOL I need someone to STOP me from buying flavors.

5 Likes