The Perfect Glazed Doughnut

I broke down and ordered the much hyped WF Glazed Donut to see if that’s the flavor I’m missing. I figure I’ll probably have to mix it with FLV sweet dough to get there but we’ll see. Zepolla is great for a cake doughnut with some hidden spice notes, but not that glazed doughnut I’m chasing. Since this is a recipe board LOL

2% WF Glazed Donut (using the recommendation given on a show think it was noted?)
.20% FLV sweet dough (From Fresh03)
1% Vanilla Pudding (my idea for sweetness and thickness

And yes this is how MY brain works when I create recipes. I always come up with ideas before the flavors arrive and try to muddle them out from there LOL I’m not saying it’s the right way but it’s how I DO things.

10 Likes

No right, No wrong - I have an idea of where and how I want to use a flavour before I get it - I don’t always get the time to actually make what I wanted to make but the idea is always there to come back to.

10 Likes

This is where I really hope the people reviewing the flavor are spot on LOL

8 Likes

What one are you using?

3 Likes

flavorahs, Phil.

3 Likes

Well I can’t read your mind, dear!! :wink: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

But, but. Okay LOL I just woke up… I need coffee and warmth.

3 Likes

I have yet to find a doughnut flavor that doesn’t have a play-doh taste to it. Which is a shame, because I’d rather like to vape a doughnut.

4 Likes

Have you tried the Wonder Flavors one yet?

2 Likes

Yes, play doh. Well, the SC at least…

2 Likes

I don’t get the Play Doh from them so I guess that’s a plus, but never glazed doughnut either. I’ll see what happens to WF. You’d think someone could make a perfect glazed doughnut cant remember what MF’ing told me about their doughnut think it was Caps Glazed LOL and I know it was loaded with sweetener. Just read his message again. Caps. How the heck did he get that to work LOL

3 Likes

Most probably don’t, actually. I’m certain I am not a Super Taster, but there are a few profiles that just don’t agree with me. Doughnut tastes like play-doh to me, whatever I do. And AP tastes like Fritos to me, no matter how low the % gets.It bums me out.

3 Likes

So sorry :frowning: ran across Pascal piots recipe for Chocolate glazed donut clone from MFN today not sure how to break down these %?

Baking & Spices

• 1/4 ml Sweetener pa

Bread & Baked Goods

• 1/8 ml Biscuit ina ina

• 2/3 ml Chocolate glazed doughnut ca ca

• 1/3 ml Nonna’s cake fa fa

Dairy

• 1/4 ml Vienna cream fa fa

Other

• 8.625 ml Base
2 Likes

Not totally precise, but it looks like that’s a ~10ml total? Maybe 14-14.5% total flavorings? Math sometimes confounds me.

2 Likes

My brain has a fart anytime I try to figure out numbers these days :frowning: This is what I did based on median percentages

MFN Chocolate Glazed Donut Clone

1.00% Biscuit (INAWERA)
4.00% Chocolate Glazed Doughnut (CAP)
2.00% Nonna’s Cake (FA)
0.50% Sweetness (Flavorah)
1.00% Vienna Cream (FA)

Flavor total: 8.5%

3 Likes

I took the 8.625ml listed as base and divided it by 10 to get 13.75%. Doesn’t specify nic so it’s a wildcard. I don’t know…

3 Likes

yeah had to use wayback to even get that because the website is now down

2 Likes

why not just try the flavors as solos and put them where you like them… ??
Just a thought… put some work on that dripper, Michelle… only way to find out. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

because I have no idea how to get this flavor profile right LOL I need a yeasty fried doughnut, laced with powdered sugar.

2 Likes

so pick out the flavors you think might work…

then use 10ml bottles… add your drops, stir it up if you want… I let mine sit at least over night… and try it out on your dripper… easy peasy… start low, work up…

you can follow my friend Christian’s vids on flavor testing he did for me, as a way to show those that need it, how to test your flavors…

link: https://www.facebook.com/notes/flv-fan/christians-videos-on-flavorah/1059956964186797/

5 Likes