The Reaction Emoji

When multiple users have sent the same reaction emoji, let’s say 5 Smilies in reply to a comment (it doesn’t matter if the comment is mine or someone else’s), doing a ‘mouse-over’ will reveal the first 2 users that sent it.
So what I’m seeing is “Moe, Larry, and 3 others reacted with…” Clicking the emoji to see the other 3 names does not work (at least for me), but it adds yet another name…I’m assuming my own, but you can’t tell.

Before anyone says clear your cache, I’ve done that. I’m using the most current version of Chrome. And no, have not tried a different browser. It’s not a huge issue but I think it would be nice to see who else is behind the Emoji. :smiley:

10 Likes

It is your own name it adds, I’ve done that a couple of times when trying to see who they’re from on my phone. I also can’t see more than 2 people. Sorry TZ, doesn’t really help but more of a ‘I second that!’

8 Likes

If you want to be stealthy, just push the emoji down and hold. This will show you the list of well yeah 2 people, but it won’t add your name too it :wink:

Sry, not much help here otherwise since I noticed as well, but thought it’s my tablet doing it lol.

On a other note, more emojis would be great, especially simple things like thx etc. I could use my phone or tablets emojis but why not just add a few for everyone!

8 Likes

Reported to the developers :slight_smile:

11 Likes

@TorturedZen I’ve not read this entire thread yet, so this may be redundant, but like you, when I hover over, I get the same thing, and obviously if I haven’t liked yet (as if …), and click the heart, it does add me to the list, but all I have to do to see who also liked, it clicking the actual number, then it expands to show all who liked. That help ??

3 Likes

@TorturedZen just checked on Firefox mobile, same same. Just tap on the number and you can see who did what

3 Likes

Sorry for the spam @TorturedZen checked back on laptop over chrome, and clicking the number works here as well.

3 Likes

works w/ likes but not w/ emoji…

8 Likes

Ahhhh shit, I’m a dumbass @worm1. Everyone’s saying “emoji” and I just kept clicking the like icon, DUH !!!

11 Likes

No worries brother. Your willingness to help is just as good!

9 Likes

Oooorah brother Zen.

7 Likes

No updates I take it?

3 Likes

I just clicked on them to add “1 others

2 Likes

No response from them so far - they did get a suggestion as to how it might be done - we’ll have to wait and see…

4 Likes

Not sure I get what you’re doing.

2 Likes

He’s attempting to illustrate the fact that it only shows the names of two people (max) at once. There’s no way to know (beyond the initial two) who else “got a kick out of” a post, or who it “nauseated_face”, etc etc.

Anything beyond that becomes “and x other(s)”.
In this case, one other (the one, being Suomynona). But there’s no way to know that currently.

There’ve been times I’ve “laughed” at a post (and gave it a smiley or whatever), but didn’t “like it”. The person(s) who’s condition this applies/applied to, has no way of knowing that if two others used the same emoji before me.

3 Likes

Ok, but that was the whole point when I started this topic. He’s just using a different approach to convey the same thing.

4 Likes