The simple Clapton jig

I posted awhile back about how easy making all manner of claptons has become thanks to my new, home made, jig. Here it is in all its glory.

2 Likes

Wow you are a wealth nay a fount of goodness. Do you have or willing to give a bit of detail, like a how to kind of thing. I can see the basics but would definitely be interested into looking at the makings of this jig. How small(high guage) wire have you got her up to?

Ya know, after I posted this I noticed that I left out a lot of details lol. The clamp for it I got at my local hardware store for $1.50. The bolt is held in place by some 20g kanthal I had lying around. The wingnut, washers, and springs were also purchased at the same store I got the clamp at. I think in total I paid maybe 5 dollars U.S. for everything. Ive made simple, fused, stapled and even a triple core claptons with this jig. Its amazing and very easy to make. Heres a couple more pics so you can get a better idea of it. The orange pads are hot glued in place. It self feeds once started too all you have to do is guide it a little to get it started. Any other questions, feel free to PM me and ask.

2 Likes