The SteamCrave Supreme v.1 SC202 lives to fight another day

FINALLY got a day off, wooo hooooo. BUT (and there’s ALWAYS a BUT), one of my daily drivers locked up, and was looking like it MIGHT need to go bye bye. I don’t know about you guys, but I rate tearing down tanks, repairing, replacing o-rings at about the TOP of my HATE list LOL.

Yes, I have almost (but not quite), every SteamCrave tank in existence. I kinda fell off once they started getting MEGA BIG, but still have loads and loads. For whatever reason, I seem to just keep loving on the SC202, Supreme v.1. 7 mls, airflow, juice flow, and it came WITH the Velocity deck which of course rocks with my vertical coils. I forget what year SteamCrave released the Supreme v.1 but let’s just say it’s been a WHILE. This particular tank has been absolutely abused, and worked to death since I got it. Hundreds and hundreds of tank fills under it’s belt, it never complained, never failed, just plain worked, and chucked the flavor clouds.

After a recent cleaning, the juice flow ring just locked up !!! WTF ?? !!! Tear tank down, juice flow ring starts working again. Everything looks like it should, lube up with a couple of drops of VG, re-assemble, locks up again. WTF. This IS a big deal as on these (and many other SC’s), you MUST shut off the juice flow before removing the top cap and fill, then re-cap, then open, otherwise you risk flood dumping it.

OK, so now, I’m getting all teary eye’d, as this particular tank has been my daily driver forever. Dropped countless times, glass shattered a few times, battle scars covering it, etc.

I have spares, but just couldn’t toss this one. Completely dis-assembled, found it’s original box (with diagram LOL), and all the replacement parts, and o-rings that I just never really look at, after I photograph them for reviews.

Replaced EVERY o-ring, and it took a while. Grub screws were fine, replaced the EVER important stop pins, re-assembled, prayed, and BAMM. All is well again.

Fear not people, as you NEVER know what MIGHT just fix your beloved, older tank, and sometimes, JUST sometimes, actually USING some (or all) of the parts in your spare parts bags, MIGHT just work.

Back in the rotation again…

18 Likes

have a couple of those around myself. Those old SCs still have staying power.
I’ll usually help out with new vapers and might be the perfect tanks for new vapers looking to quit the stinks, but I can’t bring myself to part with them.

7 Likes

I used to keep all the boxes my atty’s came in along with their respective spares/parts bags. But in the interest of space saving I consolidated all the parts into a few separate bags.

I have had to dig into them quite a few times either for o-rings or the occasional grub screw that, when accidentally dropped, disappears into the nameless void along with my guitar picks. Yeah, those little goodie bags have saved my ass many times!

13 Likes

Day off… #jelly

3 Likes

For ONCE @D.Sims

2 Likes

@TorturedZen smart move brother. I do too BUT, I ended up putting them all in the MEGA BOX without labeling which model they were for lol. #HalfFail.

6 Likes

I started doing the same thing back in the early days. “I’ll remember what they go to. I only have a handful…”
Went thru one of the vape-junk drawers and found stuff that I have no idea what they belonged to. Kept the o-rings and grubbies (cuz you never know), and tossed out a handful of other junk.
Suprised to find alot of the old carto heads with the braided wicks.
I need to go thru that stuff more often.

5 Likes

I am a bit OCD about keeping things neatly in their boxes when not in use and the thought of this alone is triggering me :joy:

5 Likes

Question…
And I’m not give or not seeingba spot for me to ask this is why and how andbkwhereb to post
This so im on someone elses asking questions l… anyway whats the best mesh coils/material and wattage off Amazon for wotfo profile rda?

2 Likes

What mod are you going to be running the Profile on? Think battery life. How do you like your vape? Cool, medium, hot? The hoter you vape the higher the wattage. Higher the wattage more drain on the batteries. Single battery or more? Figure SS=.15 ohm 30 watts relatively cool vape
NI80=.20 ohm 25 watts relatively cool
Kanthal=.13 ohm 30 watts relatively cool

4 Likes

I like to ise the guar-21
Because I can vape 45-65 watts n batteries still
Last 2 + days.

2 Likes

I like to use the guar-21
Because I can vape 45-65 watts n batteries still
Last 2 + days.

2 Likes