The Taste of Tastelessness

This apparently is a real phenomenon. Allow me to explain.
I’m trying out a new (to me) flavoring: Cinnamon Red Hot (TPA). So, I mixed it up with some Strawberry, sweet/ripe, and VCust V1.
I gave it a taste after steeping 1 week, and oh my… The Red Hot is great. The rest literally tastes like nothing. There is a taste there, but it is nothing. Like, worse than water. Anyway, if anyone wants a recipe for Nihilist’s Delight, let me know.
As for me, I’m going to leave out the red hot, and slowly add it after steeping a month.

The only hot cinnamon I can use or handle is this one. I’ve got a 30ml bottle that will last years. when I mix it in something I use it diluted by half. I have this, honey and butter that I use this way it gives me a smoother mix All three of these can be so intense and it’s just easier to use a diluted form of it.

I don’t know how she does it, but my wife vapes that stuff at over 10% in the mix! :scream:

2 Likes

I think it actually tricks your taste buds. Even after dumping the tank and flushing the wick, even a residual cinnamon taste will kill whatever I’ve got in the tank. This will be interesting, for sure.

I’ve even run a coil through a cycle on my Ultrasonic Cleaner and am still able to taste the cinnamon in it. If I decide to mix up something with the hot cinnamon candy flavor I use one tank and one coil Cause it’s gonna be there a long time. the residual flavor I mean.

What percent are you using?

Using Cinnamon Red Hot (TFA) or any other for that matter as a mixer can be tricky. You must remember always that Red Hots flavor will overpower nearly anything you mix it with. Strawberry Ripe is a weak flavor and Vanilla Custard is not a strong flavor either. Let me suggest something like this…

Strawberry Ripe (TFA) 6%
Strawberry (FW) 6%
Red Hots (TFA) 1-2%
V Custard V1 4%

This will make a much stronger and pleasant Strawberry Flavor. Adjust the VC to taste but on the Red Hots you should start with 1% or even less if you’re looking for just a hint of Red Hots. Good Luck…

1 Like

I have 32oz of TFA Red Hots and 4oz of FW Red Hots. If I had to guess how long that will last, I’d say my lifetime and yours combined…lol

1 Like

Perhaps Red Hots is not what you are actually looking for being it is so strong. It you want a cinnamon like bite with no sweet you might consider TFA Horchata Smooth. If you’re looking for the Red Hots heat then this will not do it for you but if you’re not, perhaps the horchata might do for you…

Some backstory. A coworker who only vapes Red Hot flavor recently started blending it with some custard liquid he bought. I thought I would try and come up with something he’d like. So, obviously I likely way overestimated how much Red Hot would work, lol. Here was my first go:

• Red Hots (TPA) 4.5%
  • DX Banana Cream (TPA) 2.5%
  • Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 4.5%
  • Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 3.5%
  • Van Cust v1 (CAP) 5%

Anyway, I’m working with it. I just mixed up:

• DX Banana Cream (TPA) 3%
  • Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 4%
  • Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 3%
  • Van Cust v1 (CAP) 5%
    I’m leaving out the Red Hots until I get this part right. Then I’ll try .5-1% red hots.
2 Likes

I like the leaving out the red hots part and adding it latter. Nice job.

1 Like

Yeah, I was wondering if steeping with the Red Hots was having more of an effect on the other flavors.

Thanks. I’ll keep this in my hip pocket as I continue tweaking these other flavors.

1 Like

There is always an effect. The way I look at it though is final product. A juice you buy from the shop could be totally new or few months old. You just never know.

My goal is to create a mix that I can mix and enjoy at the 2-6 week mark…without extra hassle.

You challenge is getting the strawberry right and accenting it with red hot. I’m an ideal world it should be as simple as just using 0.5-2% red hot…but the issue is at what point will it destroy a mix. With strawberry I would guess there is a small small window.

Holy Carp! I don’t think I’d have much of a throat left.

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering how the red hot would work with a little fuji apple blend. Something like a candy apple flavor.

3 Likes

Brilliant! :grinning: I’ll have to create a mix for her with both of those flavors! I never really thought about a hot cinnamon apple mix! Thanks for the suggestion. :+1:

4 Likes

I have not used it since I adapted @Kinnikinnick with some cherries I bet I’d really enjoy the fuji mixed with it great idea !!!

2 Likes

Seriously @Kinnikinnick and @Amy2? It’s classic candy apples on a stick from childhood. Just can’t figure out the ratios and what else to add to it to get the candy sweetness. Marshmallow or sweetener? If y’all can figure it out, I’ll be happy to test it.

2 Likes

Probably would vary with how much red hot you can handle. I’d prob initially start somewhere in the 2-4% range on it then with Fuji I’d head right to 2% more than likely. As far as candy sweetness you could always use pyrue or a sweetener. But more than likely I’d prob put at least 1% Marshmallow in it. If then it wasn’t enough could always go with an additional apple. I have a few I like outside of Fuji but it is the sweetest…I may think I could even get some quince in there to boost the apple.

Something like this

Red Hot Apple on a stick

Ingredient %
Catalan Cream (FA) 1.26
Cinnamon Red Hot (TPA) 3
Fuji Apple (FA) 2
Marshmallow (TPA) 1
Quince (TPA) 2

Flavor total: 9.26%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
2 Likes