The Tin Man

Anyone ever play with this?

I like doing this to one of my old school rda’s… pretty good for flavor rdas :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I remember this from J.J.s
Cracks me up now thinking about building 1.5 oHm resistance coils for device to run between 12-20 watts. I had a IGO -W3 RDA that I used to build micro coils on. I had to drill it out to increase airflow & draw. Brings back memories :grinning:

5 Likes

I have an igo too… I forgot what number it was… but it was cute… :slight_smile:
I used a few tin mans… and it was fun! I miss back then…

3 Likes

Ya, those were the days. I was thinking that same thing when I started watching that video. That’s the Rip I liked. The Rip now a days is to weird for me.

5 Likes

Me too @Dan_the_Man… I met him at a convention in NC gosh… 2014?? and he was super nice… didn’t talk much… so not like how he is now. I don’t know… it’s like he is a new vaper version 2.0… :frowning:

4 Likes

Oh those nostalgic feelings :crazy_face:
People tend to remember the good and forget the bad… I remember all the atties that didn’t give me enough flavor. I remember the mods that made me keep buying more and more because there was just always something missing or wrong with them. I remember all the bad juices I made lol. Long before that I even remember all the kits I tried that really didn’t help me to quit smoking.
Sure, the free for all days had their charm but overall, I’m happy where I am now and you couldn’t pay me to go back to those days.

I can’t say I’ve ever tried those coils and I don’t think I will either. Flat wire is too springy for me and I don’t have any tools nor the patience to get the springiness out of it. Isn’t it difficult to get hotspots out of those coils when you overlap the wraps like that?

4 Likes

Me either but the “nostalgic feelings” as you say are nice.

4 Likes

Im going to have to pick up some more flat wire and try it all over again… I havent made those coils in a few years haha! but yes I agree… the atties were something to be desired… I never had any issues with the mods tho…

4 Likes

I can hook you up with 10 feet or so, that way if you don’t like it, you won’t have a whole role just sitting there.

4 Likes

Thanks Dan, but I am going to pick up a few rolls…
I want to try and make some jewelry for Christmas gifts, so it’s not a biggie… if I manage to make some cool things, will take some pictures and give a few ideas to everyone here :wink:

4 Likes