The Vape Cave (aka the vape lab)

I’ve often wondered what equipment or accessories some have in their vape cave ( aka vape lab) or things they would like to add that will actually fit in the vape cave.

stuff I’ve purchased from amazon

The Vape Cave (Purchased)

things that have caught my eye .that i may buy in the future or was thinking of buying

The Vape Cave (wish list)

12 Likes

Nice mate. I have kept mine simple with a dedicated desk, a couple of different build kits, trays for my concentrates and some scales for mixing by weight. Don’t need anything more for my use but do like to hear how others set up their stuff in the lab.

11 Likes

I was impressed when I saw @woftam’s setup. Maybe he’ll see this and share a pic or 2.

9 Likes

Have not got any recent pics but there are only a couple of changes

16 Likes

what are those hot plate stirrers — hot plate homogenizer ???

6 Likes

Ya, there are 3 AME NanoHeat hotplates with temp probes. The earlier picture is 3 IKA RW20 stirrers but now there are 2 and a Kinematica Polytron Homogeniser with a 30mm dispersing aggregate.

The two stainless steel boxes are peristaltic pumps (big one for VG small one PG) they are able to meter the amount of vg and pg (tap the key pad for the amount you want and it will pump it) they do take a little to dial in and I still weigh it to double check as I go.

13 Likes

Went all professional on us …

13 Likes

He had me at, “Kinematica Polytron Homogeniser with a 30mm dispersing aggregate”.

10 Likes

Another rack, and more space …

7 Likes

Nice setup @SessionDrummer

6 Likes

To quote Roy Scheider you’re going to need a bigger wall.

Take the cigarette out from between his lips and that was my expression.

5 Likes

Thanks @Pastorfuzz. It’s taken me YEARS of doing it the WRONG way, before I got to this point. Everyone’s different, but as you can see, it can be a lot of going, and grabbing, so trying to speed that up, and simply it, has always been the goal.

EXACTLY @Gazza7 !!! I can ONLY do it for my smaller bottles, as racking up 120’s and larger, has just never worked out.

6 Likes

Just finished bagging mine. Bankers Box time as I don’t have any wall space either.

8 Likes

Like that Kenwood receiver @Pastorfuzz.

4 Likes

It’s a KR-9600. Had it since the early 80’s.
It’s a heavy bitch that’s for sure.
Had it refreshed about 5 years ago by a great vintage audio tech in Wisconsin. Put around $600 in it but it was worth it. Can’t buy anything close to it anymore.
Have a couple Carver Amps hooked to it to save on the internal Amp sections.
Definitely can’t get them anymore .

6 Likes

I like how he photographed his extracts in front of his (clearly) most prized possessions, and couldn’t wait for someone to ask. :slight_smile:
My eyes went straight off the extracts and right to the vintage audiophile equipment.
Super Jelly.
My guess is, when he listens to records, he LISTENS TO RECORDS.

4 Likes