Therion or Paranormal

Hi all,

So my baby (Smoant Charon 218 TC) is dropping off from time to time and basicly telling me to slowly search for something else.

This baby daily preformed flawlessly and still does, but drops off like i mentioned above, some usage marks and the leather grip is gone…

So started searchin the web for a similar design in battery compartment, size ect, nothing more then the Therion came up. Like the looks since it kind of resemblence the Charon in a way.

When looking at the Therion i came across the Paranormal aswel but i am so afraid with the battery bottom door after reading reviews that it breaks easely.

Therion on the other hand has battery issues when taking these out.
I always use an external charger due to the easy removal on the Charon, but in case of a 75C, does one still need to remove the battery’s every time?

Size is important aswell, the Charon is almost exactly the Therion, not sure on the Paranormal.

Can owners of 1 or both of these devices share your findings on a daily base use?

(Sorry for the bad english, am in a hurry :sweat_smile:)

PS: i am open to other mods with the same characteristics meaning height, solid build ect…

Thx pepole :wink:

2 Likes

I have 5 Theron’s, bought 1 para; sold the para. Asmodus has a couple c frame mods as well. I prefer the 133 & 166 Therion’s over the 75. I’ve not nicked a battery skin installing on the mods but some do. You will have to be careful but it does get broke in eventually.

4 Likes

I use paranormal 250c for a while now (a year or so?) It’s a great mod, and the replay feature is very useful for me.
However, since you couldn’t turn it off and it use color lcd (the 2nd one is just my guess), it use more power from the battery when you’re not using it than other mods, and could kill your batteries when left too long.
Maybe a dna 200 is better in that regard? I don’t know, but I really like the replay mode :smile:

1 Like

Their both good mods. I like the Therion a little better. It feels better in my hand. If you get gunmetal expect the paint to fall off.

4 Likes

Installing and removing batteries the Paranormal wins in a landslide. Aside from that I love the Therion and it is probably preferred overall. As already mentioned the DNA250C version of the Paranormal will drain your batteries if left unattended for a while. Haven’t had that problem with my DNA75C Therion.

5 Likes

Thx all for sharing your info.

Letitia
I have 5 Theron’s, bought 1 para; sold the para.

Thx Letitia, i was leaning to the Therion tough

delltrapp
I use paranormal 250c for a while now (a year or so?) It’s a great mod, and the replay feature is very useful for me.
I don’t know, but I really like the replay mode :smile:

Thx for your info.
Well i do not know about the replay mode alot, read about it and found it specificly is usefull for temp vapes, not power (Wattage) or am i wrong?
Also, how is the battery door holding up, are you changing the battery’s regulary to charge them externaly or do you charge them on board?

SmilingOgreThe Essential Man
If you get gunmetal expect the paint to fall off.

Thx Ogre, i would prefer the black mod if i go for the Therion, the shiny part of the Paranormal also puts me a bit off, i remain curious tough :slight_smile:

mjag
Installing and removing batteries the Paranormal wins in a landslide.

Agreed on that one :wink:

Aside from that I love the Therion and it is probably preferred overall. As already mentioned the DNA250C version of the Paranormal will drain your batteries if left unattended for a while. Haven’t had that problem with my DNA75C Therion.

Thx for the info, i did not know that, never something like this has been mentioned if left on.
It was a small problem with the Smoant Charon aswell, when leaving it on it would drain battery’s even when the screen was not lid.

2 Likes

Yes, replay mode is only for tc.
I charge my battery with external charger, at least once a day, and the battery door still held up well. The paint (I have the gunmetal version) kinda chipped away some, though.

1 Like

Wear marks or love marks add character

3 Likes