Thoughts, information, prepping for PTMA?

At first, I thought maybe I shouldn’t post this up, with ALL the CRAP that we’ve got going on right now. Riots, looting, COVID-19, etc. We’ve already had ENOUGH for 2020, right ??

I was talking to some people behind the scenes, and some other DIY’ers, and asked if any of them had been keeping an eye on the PTMA, that I BELIEVE is supposed to hit in September ?? Not 100% sure, but I thought it was better I posted than not.

I know that our Aussie brothers and sisters won a temp. victory recently, and that has yet to fully play out, but that also caused me to reflect on the pending “situation” over on here.

You guys have any news, insights, thoughts on this ?? Perhaps cancelled, pushed back due to the COVID-19 ??

7 Likes

It’s already been delayed from May I believe to Sept due to Covid …Once PMTA are due this Industry on the Commercial side will Tank …Of course vaping will live on , but things will drastically change…Fiddys Forecast shows Big T backed Companies will be safe…We shall see

10 Likes

With the way they’ve continued to attack on the sly DURING the “COVID crisis”? Pfffbt.

The “war against vaping” is still “On like Donkey Kong” as far as the money grubbers are concerned I’m sure.

7 Likes

Well sorry I brought this up, we don’t need any more negativity, or bad thoughts/news, it was just on my mind.

4 Likes

No no… Not at all man.
It’s a good idea to remind folks to not get complacent!

I’m just not optimistic. That’s all.

9 Likes

Lifted this off of @Rocky02852

Gonna get that tattooed on my arm after this shit year is over.

Haven’t heard much about the PTMA lately, need to look into it too.

11 Likes

I’m sharing that brother.

6 Likes

The feeling I get is that these forces are closing ranks and closing in for the kill, while they have the chance, while they have the momentum. The S.1253 coming up…potential nicotine tax…all that we’ve seen develop this last year. My state had a 4 month flavor ban, which expired, and now the Nannies in the Dept of Public Health and Human Services in this state (MT) are attempting to push through legislation for a permanent flavor ban (notwithstanding the existing age 21 law already on the books), quite possibly so they can prosecute on a local level. And probably that will entail internet sales, as the temporary ban did. They won’t be satisfied until all the vape shops in the state are forced out and internet sales are throttled. Bitter here, yes, but not giving up. If I ever decide to give up vaping, it will be MY choice, not theirs.
(Sorry guys for being a little caustic…just tired of adults being thrown under the bus.)

11 Likes

Brilliant.

@Cosmic Well said

9 Likes

Nothing gets pushed back, on the contrary, it’s the perfect time to push ahead while everyone is distracted.
The world according to Milton Friedman; never let a good crisis go to waste.
Vaping laws will be the least of our problems and 2020 is just the start.

I’ve come across people who are so excessively frightened after 5 months of continuous drumbeating that they are basically begging for a police state so they can feel safe.

2001 all over again, only the wording is different.
There is nothing as permanent as temporary government laws.

14 Likes

How true indeed.

7 Likes

Truth!

Frightening isn’t it? How short our human memory is.

7 Likes

Wow, scary. Manipulate the masses.

6 Likes

7 Likes

I guess church just ain’t keeping up anymore. Difficult when you can’t use torture…

4 Likes

I’m kind of surprised we haven’t seen a campaign blitz tying the vape industry in with Covid-19.

5 Likes

That’s next week…

6 Likes

“Vaping causes COVID-19 !!!”

3 Likes

No way Jose! :rofl:

4 Likes

And belly-sag, wrinkles and rrhoids! (That’ll scare the Karen’s)

4 Likes