Thoughts on custard pi (FA)

I ordered 30ml of this along with 20more ml of custard extra and 100ml of custard premium im waiting for them all to come…what are your thoughts on this custard pi? From what I have read its fairly light. What are some.of your uses for this particular flavor? Puddings? Is it even good?

6 Likes

Some say yay and some say nay

8 Likes

I’ve only worked with Custard Premium so no experience with the other two.
I used to hear people rave about CP quite often. Curiosity got the better of me and I ordered 2oz from Chef’s. Honestly, when all my SFT’ing was done I found it was very similar to Custard II (TPA). Maybe just a tad lighter in flavor, to me. The hype was a bit of a letdown. It’s good, but nothing stellar.

6 Likes

I just ordered 100ml of custard premium and I paid stupid $ to get it here and I still will get nailed with duty fees thinking it will be amazing. That is kind of a let down. Shit

4 Likes

idk im still waiting for it …idk how long it’ll take to get to canada from. Uk? And I didn’t get any priority shipping I just was excited that I was able to get it here and just checked out. It may take 3 weeks. With no tracking either…I really bunged it up that way…

4 Likes

Hehe, you MIGHT have this backwards @ladycrooks, i.e. asking AFTER you’ve bought it, hehe.

I’ve had it only in a one shot someone gifted me, and it seemed fairly light, nowhere NEAR the Custard Premium, but slightly more pronounced then FA’s Custard. Because I don’t own it, haven’t solo’d it, I would think boosting/rounding out custards, maybe puddings, and def. bakeries.

8 Likes

Wow… I get a completely different custard between the TPA 2 and FA Premium …I love Premium with bakery type recipes and use The TPA 2 with fruit . Amazing how we all taste differe things . Ive never tried the Custard PI which is weird bc im a huge FA fan. Im not sure why I never bought it

7 Likes

Don’t worry, I did the exact same thing with the same flavours. The PI is good but lighter than the Premium by far. If I’m not mistaken it’s a pie or nut. I can’t quite remember. While I did like it, I also gave it away but I can’t remember to who.
They did show up and like you I was worried the whole time because I opted out of the tracking. Some times being cheap is a real PITA

6 Likes

The exchange rate on 80 dollars from Canadian to euro turned out to be over $140.00 it was something ridiculous almost double what I spent. And I paid for shipping on their end and ill get a call from fed ex when it does get here telling me I owe fuckin customs fees … probably another 15 or 20 bucks. In the end I will have paid about 120.00 extra to get 80 dollars of stuff. Its fucked. Canada dollar is really no good except Canada.

6 Likes

my bf thinks I’m insane. I want custard premium dammit. Shit

4 Likes

Custard premium is good, but for me still takes 4 weeks to get there. Custard Pi is apparently (I asked the same question elsewhere once) more a custard tart rather than just custard.

6 Likes

I have used FA Custard Pi in a couple of recipes and for me it has a lemon and lime note, I noticed the lime flavour more because it was in a recipe that didn’t contain any other lime flavors and because I don’t like lime in my ejuice. It has no crust and to me it tastes more like the original FA Custard with added lime and nothing like Custard Premium which I love. I also didn’t find any similarities between the Custard Pi and TPA Vanilla Custard 2 but that’s just my opinion and yours may differ.

8 Likes

I thought they were similar, BUT, I can also see them favoring different pairings.

4 Likes

I get alot more buttery richness from Premium…ones a nice thick vanilla pudding the other is a buttery rich custard

5 Likes

I get exactly the same as @fidalgo_vapes and use them with the same pairings. Bakery for premium and fruit with TPA 2

5 Likes

Now im curious about TFA vanilla custard 2…is it good?? I can get that here. I want all the custards…I love themmmmm

6 Likes

I just got inawera custard its pretty good. Shit. Ive been stuck on CAP Vanilla custard V1! I feel like I’ve been under a rock this last few months

5 Likes

I haven’t found Inw Van Cust here yet, so still need that…

I find TPA VCII is good when I do a Strawberry Custard. Sometimes I will use it to take a bit of thickness out of CAP VCv1 for a more subtle custard base.

Premium is quite rich, fairly thick and has different notes to CAP VCv1, am presently going through a SFT at 4% that is now just on a month steep and it gets better with age.

Me too, definitely my favourite profile…

5 Likes

TPA (TFA) VC 2 is very good IMO. Much more of a traditional, rich, heavier custard than their VC. Your tastes will vary depending on what you like obviously. After seeing it done a time or two, I started experimenting with CAP VC1 and VC2 together, and found that when paired are greater than either alone.

5 Likes
5 Likes