Thoughts on Kangertech?

Hey gang, I noticed on many topics and pics of member mods there is an absence of Kangertech products. Am I missing something? I like their products to be honest. Then again, I’m new(ish). Any advice, stories etc is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I have only used one Kangertech product and that is the Subtank mini.I think they are great , I still have three around.I mostly build my own coils now and lots of other tanks have a better ,IMO, build deck.
I know several that like their other products but that is all I know about.

2 Likes

I loved my Subox Mini kit. It’s what I started vaping with and I still use it now and then. I just don’t think Kangertech has done a good job of keeping up with the market. They stayed away from high wattage devices and temp control for so long. Then when they did decide to do them the products were just ho-hum. No real wow factor or anything that hadn’t already been done before.

2 Likes

I agree to that , the Kangertech Subtank was a great step up from Nautilus mini.The Nautilus mini was a great step up from the Vivi Nova.The Vivi Nova was a great step up from the PIA Genesis tank and so on and so forth.
Kangertech makes good products, it just depends if they fit in your vape style.Lots of people never move past the Nautilus because it is all they need.

1 Like

Gotcha. I can see what you mean. Thanks !

1 Like

I appreciate it. Thanks :slight_smile:

I used a few kanger, first the evod then evod2 kits then kbox nano kit, loved that thing, then when I lost it, went back to an evod2 kit, but the 650mah I got with it died was bunk first week I had it, voltage drop on fire no matter what tank… Then I put a vision spinner on and it worked good for what it is, now just got a Joytech Ego AIO, so I’m back to subohm again and let me tell you, for similar price to kangers evod2 kit, this thing is more comparable to my kbox nano kit in performance, tho a bit tighter draw, even fully open… But its definitely nice. One day ill go back to a box mod, eventually ill want a bit more vape and airflow but this is plenty sufficient. Honestly, I don’t think ill go back to kanger, though… The price is too high for what you get, like was said, nothing really special going on, can find comparable or better vapes for less $, now. Unless @Whiterose0818 just gives me one lol can’t beat that hah, and I am actually really liking this kbox200, now… Hell of a lot better than my 50w I had, and 10x better than the aio I had been using lol… This is a whole other world of vape for me. Lol .3 ohm at 60watts with aromamizer has me fogging out the place now haha…

2 Likes

Awesome. I can see what you mean about price. Thanks for the input.

Kanger does all I need. I"m small potatoes to the rest of you, but 15-20w on .7ohm and 1.2ohm is satisfying.
I have several KBOX, one is TC but I stay on wattage. All my tanks and parts are interchangeable, even some of the Topfill parts, and a single coil works for me. The RBA’s are small to build on, but I’m used to them.Been thinking about ordering a Encom Voidray, but I am not hard on my equipment…it just looks fun somehow.I would like a new RDA to test flavors, but not sure which…maybe @authormichellehughes can advise ?
I still like my Kanger KBOX kits, and the most I’ve paid is $53.95 total for the Topfill/TC, the rest were under $45

1 Like

I bought my kbox nano kit at the vape shop near me, iVape, (same place i got my disgusting burnt toast tasting juice… Ew) total with battery cost me damn near $100. I got taken for sure.

1 Like

Just got the Dripbox this morning. So far so good. Just wish the post holes where bigger I can’t fit anything fancy in them.

1 Like

I just kept looking online till I got away from retail $$$$

1 Like

Yep, I just stay with my little single Kanger RBA and not even start the fancy wire and multiples…
Keeps it simple for this old fart. The rest of you are Lamborghini’s…hahaha…
I used to run with the fast crowd, muscle cars and all, now I am happy to easily make it from on
my ass at my desk all day, to the couch on my ass all evening for ROKU TV time, then maybe
even easily to the big sleep-numbers bed…if the cats will let me up ! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Mods, Yay!

Tanks, Meh.

Coils, Not so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bought the kbox 200W for an easy power mode mod in a small Form factor. It is, without any exaggeration, a total piece of shit. The wattage sucks and is no where near true. I turned it all the way up and didn’t feel shit. And the TC? You mean, what TC? Then I watch djlsbvapes review on it and it’s not me nor a one off…they are all like that.
So mine is sitting getting dusty.
Anybody want it?

3 Likes

well shoot, if you are just giving it away, i wouldn’t mind :slight_smile:
I am sure, though not up to 200watt par, it would still be better than the little AIO i have (28watt max, no power adjusting)

2 Likes

After 2 years vaping and a few hundred wasted dollars, kanger subtank plus with the rba is my go to tank. I like flavor, not clouds. A fused clapton in the modified rba is great. The monster v3 is the only tank I have that makes as good od flavor for me as the kst.
I’m not a fan of kanger mods.

1 Like

That’s the thing with Kanger your experience completely different than mine. You had a bad mod. At first all I had was Kanger stuff. Every 3rd coil was bad, the batteries wouldn’t last very long and then I got a couple of bad tanks. I just don’t trust them to be consistent.

Bad mod? As in a bad model? Or as in a bad unit? Because from the review djlsb gave, its just a shitty model. I’m not closed minded at all and you may be right…but I’m done with those Jack asses!

I guess I heard bad “mod”. I wont buy it either :slight_smile: