Thoughts on the new(er) Flavorah piptip bottles?

ultra high ??? they are as strong as MF in most cases… the difference for me is MF has a natural realistic taste to everything ive tried and FLV doesnt … but FLV flaves you dont have to steep for a long time either like MF … FA has always been my favorite all around company but FLV is slowly moving to the top , i just need to try more flavors from them i only have like 40

4 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed using FLV flavorings, as they are highly concentrated, compared to most others (IMHO) and the variety of flavorings is really interesting. But, I do NOT like the new tips either. The tips are just cumbersome and therefore, messy. I will write to them and refer them to this thread. @Flavorah

9 Likes

@anon28032772 Don’t let MY “less than thrilled” nature stop you. YOU try them, and then report back. It’s a shame, because the flavors are great, just the delivery system is ???

They work, so don’t let that stop you.

4 Likes

Perfectly said @fidalgo_vapes

4 Likes

Don’t worry @obijuan Mine are the same way, and I believe that the original (new) bottles were already cut/open, but the NEW (new) bottles are sealed and need to be cut. Fear not, you’re not alone.

4 Likes

yea, lesson learned. DO NOT SHAKE with the cap on! lol

5 Likes

OK OK OK, ANOTHER reason to be like WTF ??? !!! with the new caps. SO, since we all know the flavors can leak OUT of the new super duper tips (while capped) when shaking, prior to mixing, what do we do ?? (I think someone mentioned it above). We need to take the cap off (bottle not shaken yet), palm the bottle, and place a finger tip OVER the super duper tip and THEN shake ??

Someone shoot me.

5 Likes

BTW, this wasn’t meant to be a bash on Flavorah thread, just the damn bottles LOL. Sorry if it seemed like that. Sadly this morning, during a quick mix-o session, I had popcorn flavor all over the place, and I posted the poll.

8 Likes

LMAO! I’ve been taking the cap off first, then pinch the tip, then shake, then dispense…

5 Likes

lol, never tried the popcorn, but if it’s strong, you will probably be smelling it all weekend

4 Likes

oh bathing in butter lol , love their popcorn

4 Likes

You should now be called captain popcorn.

3 Likes

Every time I order flv I fill them into my own glass bottles and put a poly cap on lol.

I tried the new bottles but I don’t think it’s an improvement to be honest. I like the glass idea, especially with flavors like smooth vanilla. If I paid $18 I don’t want it delivered in lpde plastic but these tips… There must be a better way.

Anyways till then I keep re bottling them.

@Dan_the_Man just like any line, you have your super and ultra strong flavors and then you have the black sheeps.

While most of flv flavorings need barely any drops/percentage to be a strong flavor, they do have weak ones that needs to be used in higher percentage in comparison to their own flavors, but still lower than other brands.

That’s my take on it.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Can’t vote as i dont have any but aren’t the benefits of using glass bottles gone when u stick a soft plastic top on it? I reuse the disposable pipettes but they do eventually crack and have to be chucked…

3 Likes

@eStorm Fair enough, …

… and the caveat.

3 Likes

Much thanks to everyone for weighing in on our PipTips (and particularly to Alisa for sending this thread with a note to me). At the moment I am at Vape Expo in Birmingham, sitting in the hotel reading+writing this before bed.

When I return home, I know that I will have to concede a very ripe "see I told you so!" to Aaron, Bryson and the rest of the team. The guys in the clean room especially loath this bottle because its cap is difficult to tighten, and the labels don’t like to stick on the frosted glass.

And thus, I shall eat crow.

You see, this PipTip bottle has been my baby since the beginning, and it HAS been a never ending source of challenges and expensive revisions. For instance, the closed tip plug that you have to snip off was in response to occasional leaks due to a miss-tightened cap and broken tamper ring. We are, even at this very moment, trying to navigate changes in the thread pitch of the cap to make it more reliable, but don’t worry, I believe it is time to redirect those resources…

According to everyone on this thread it is time to quickly phase them out instead of continuing to phase them in.

For the record, redesigning the wheel is my job! And because of your feedback and the feedback we get walking around and talking to customers at vape shows like the one I am at now, we will keep doing it. It is the reason we have 8 apple flavors, ±13 tobaccos and a constant pipeline of new flavor releases, all designed to be raw materials for vapor. If we didn’t have this crazy compulsion to redesign the wheel then we would still be vaping beverage syrups and candy/baking extracts. Sorry for getting a little too narrow in focus and not listening earlier about this bottle design.

More apropos: “If it aint broke don’t fix it.” Well, the honest truth is that this glass PipTip bottle is broken, and needs to be fixed. We are going back to the drawing board a bit and will return with a better PET bottle with a tamper evident, child resistant cap.

I was wrapped up and in love with this design because it was different. I want Flavorah to stand out on the shelf and to have a weight in your hand that reminds you that it is something special and precious. It makes me uncomfortable to see what I regard as beautiful paints and colors (flavors) trapped in generic bottles.

In the back of my mind, I have a vision of the future where vape shops have a section for DIY. This PipTip design is the bottle that I wanted to see on their shelves, separated from the 100ml husky/gorilla bottles of ejuice as a product that would beckon to the rookie vaper, “hey, you can really take control of this and bring your vape to the next level. Take personal control of your juice, something you can be proud of. Try DIY!”

The realities of that vision is still a little misty because of both the market for DIY at brick and mortars is under developed (obviously we sell most things in DIY online) and the educational “how to mix” component is missing from most vape shops. I believe that DIY ejuice is the most empowered form of vaping, and a pinnacle of personal achievement and expression when a mixer can quit a tobacco addiction, and then create the flavor profiles that empower them to stay free. Nonetheless, part of our philosophy at Flavorah is that Ejuice is an art form. And we want to see that art form expanded beyond expert forums like this.

I know that I am not the only person in the industry who has these visions.

A couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of sitting down for dinner with Ash and Robert from Liquid Barn. We were meeting in Vegas to inspect the space we are organizing together for the DIY Extravaganza at VapExpo that will be held there November 9-10. We all shared our stories about how we started in DIY and how important we believe it is to both the history and future of vape. If Vape shops play a role in that future, then we will have to up our game on packaging and retail presentation for DIY vapor products.

Perhaps a different version of these PipTip bottles will have a place on your shelf in the distant future—in the meantime we will keep listening and doing our best to improve everything we do to meet the needs of the DIY community. It’s your feedback that makes Flavorah the flavoring for ejuice.

33 Likes

Much respect for dropping by and tell us what is going on

9 Likes

@Flavorah, WOW, I’m now officially blown away, yet I feel bad at the same time. I appreciate you taking the time to not only come here, but read, and engage on the topic. Sadly very few companies do that, so I tip my hat to you Sir.

Having designed/re-designed absolutely ZERO delivery systems myself, I could only speak from the end user (mixer) perspective, or my accurately, MY perspective. I can only imagine the complications, cost, and time required to do so.

Well THAT ^^^^^ is a powerful statement.

An equally powerful statement. Honestly, I had not even considered that THAT could or would have been the motivation behind the re-design. Wanting to showcase a superior product, to stand out in a sea of products cannot be easy, or trivialized.

Point well made, again.

Agreed.

Well, seeing as though (at least here on ELR) I was the one who threw the gas (and the book of matches), I for one, would welcome that. I would also be more than happy to volunteer if you had any need for beta/prototype testing, as I clearly DO like to use Flavorah flavors. :slight_smile:

Sorry if the rant ran deep and hard here, but I did try to be fair, and accurate, if not highly motivated hehe. As stated above, simply started out by mixing up a top shelf keeper with some of my new Flavorah Popcorn, which is one of the stronger flavors, shook up the bottle, started dispensing and the next thing I knew, I had popcorn fingers. User error follows me like a shadow, so keep that in mind. The clearly evident point that I did NOT mention in this entire thread, which probably should have been mentioned, was the fact that glass bottles are the best storage, but never seem to be as convenient as anyone would like, droppers, inconsistent drops, sealing issues, gasket/rubber seal issues, etc., so the piptip was obviously a work around in that realm.

@Flavor again, I appreciate you taking time to come here, read, and post, I know other members here do, and/or will appreciate it as well…

Please DO keep re-inventing the wheel.

16 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes the Popcorn DOES rock. Powerful little sucker too.

6 Likes