Tiramisu, from you trusted lot

I could and have looked at the recipe side but it’s all so subjective… You regular types who have shown to be solid mixers… Do any of you like tiramisu juice and if so, have a favored recipe? I don’t care what it’s called (which leads to missed recipes on the other side there), just looking for a profile you guys know and like. to save me from too much guessing and hoping…

4 Likes

I am a wonky mixer but I gather that the FA Booster is a good start.

I have mixed

and not been super impressed
there is also

which I have not tried

3 Likes

Don’t denigrate yourself my friend. I’m glad you replied and want as many opinions as I can get. And I bet you’re every bit as “good” a mixer as me. I didn’t call anyone out specifically for a reason.

Thanks for those and your opinion on the first one.

If you do a search by flavour stash and tick the booster Tiramisu box (you’ve got to have it in your stash though) then you’ll get a whole list of recipes that contain it.

This is the list I get.
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/search?fids[]=596

Scroll to the bottom and there are 285 recipes.

4 Likes

I was doing this British thing of being semi-passive-aggressive self-deprecatory in a semi-funny manner :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I love that whacky Britt sense of humor (when I actually understand it) :rofl:

3 Likes

I did this out of curiosity and there are surprisingly few rated actual tiramisu recipe.

I also feel like Booster does not have all the bits for the cake.

Tiramisu need the strong coffee + biscuit + cream + amaretto if you ask me.
I prefer the hard biscuit and mascarpone variation though, with dark belgian chocolate on top and no amaretto.
But this is for eating.

3 Likes

Yeah, but since taste is subjective, I thought I throw in the list. He did say he wanted as many options as possible. :grinning:
There might be something he likes in the 285 options available.

2 Likes

Yes, there’s likely to be. The reason I started a thread here though is because aside from posted results, I also value the community’s own vocal input too. I’d rather pick from 10 than 285, if that makes sense.

2 Likes

It does but I don’t have much experience with Tiramisu so I just gave you as many options as I could find. :laughing:

This was probably the sentence that made me do that.

1 Like

Like I said, and you reminded me I said, I appreciate all replies. Thanks again.

1 Like
7 Likes

Yup great suggestion @worm1 I make it quite often with fa booster @ .6%

2 Likes

I think another good starting flavor is Up (FA). Imo, it’s much more of a tiramisu than their own tiramisu, heh.

2 Likes

Quite correct sir UP is a nice coffee cake where the booster is more of a latte to me

2 Likes

Awesome! /all the char

1 Like

Makes sense. Booster seems to be used in milky coffee recipe.
I seem to remember that Up has hazelnut in though from a sampler a couple month ago.

1 Like

Just because I am curious for myself I have had a little look through the DB

all look worth a try, including the last as a single flavour, you never know.

2 Likes

I only have experience with FA Tiramisu and the only recipe I’ve really liked is the Strawberry Latte that’s been mentioned before and I’ve used FA instead of INW because it’s been said that they’re somewhat similar.
From what I see in these other recipes, I think people overuse the flavor. At 0.5% it’s already a very powerful player in any recipe, so using it at 3 or 4% will either kill all the other flavors or start muting itself. I can’t say for sure because I haven’t been crazy like that :crazy_face:

Initially, during the first couple weeks, you can taste the Tiramisu part of it, although the coffee flavor is the very dominant part of FA’s version.
Once you keep the juice more than a couple months, the coffee takes over and you’re starting to lose the creamy chocolatty notes from it.

To get a bit of an authentic Tiramisu recipe, I’m afraid I’ll have to try using separate ingredients or look out for another Tiramisu flavor. With FA it’s just too hard to do IMO.

In HIC’s Tiramisu Cheesecake I linked to before, the 0.5% booster (FA) is not enough, if you ask me.
Then all of HIC recipes come out muted to me… not sure where the difference is (kit, taste, base, …)

It feels like 1% would be bout right for my taste as a main note.