To lower or raise a percentage?

What I’m asking is if I make a mix and it is a good shake and vape but then over time 1 of the flavors starts to overtake the rest whatdo you do? Lower the overpowering flavor or up the percentage of the other flavors?

I would say probably the best way to go would be make 2 small batches, decrease the overpowering flavor in one and in the other up the percentages of other flavors and leave the overpowering one at the original amount. Put them both up for at least a week or two to allow them time to develope. Make sure to label and make good notes on each so you will be able to duplicate the results or know what needs more tweeking.

1 Like

To me it would depend on which flavor is overpowering. If it’s a flavor that you used higher than the suggested ratio , then maybe consider bringing it down and vice versa for the weaker flavor. Main question is how long ago did you make the batch and has it gone through any sort of stirring, shaking, warm bath, breathing period or ultrasonic. Certain flavors are potent always in the beginning and with a few days of steeping they are just right. If you have steeped it and shook or let it breathe and it still is overpowering to save the batch either put only a few drops of distilled water or vg in the mix and shake shake shake it. As for the next batch i’d go with what david recommended on making two batches and labeling them and decreasing and increasing. Take notes. It happens to us all.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replys I’m definitely going to try what David said hopefully it works … if it does I will post the recipe as it will be the first I would be truly proud of.

Amy I did give it a short warm bath and let it breath while it cooled down b4 I put tried it. Again it was very tasty vape until the overpower. I will say that today some of the other flavors peeked out a tiny,tiny bit but nothing like the first tank full. I will say the overpowering flavor was Banana cream at 4% the median is 6.4 I think.

1 Like

That is weird TFA banana cream seems weaker to me ( this is a constant issue with taste being so subjective). Well 4% try 2% and bring up your other flavors. If the other flavors are less bold then You may never over take it w/ those particular flavors. Because banana is pretty prominent. Keep us posted ! Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks hopefully I’ll be posting the recipe soon :smile:

2 Likes

I’m using TPA Banana cream at 3% in a recipe in conjunction with TPA Ripe Banana.

After a shake and vape the BC can be quite intense and somewhat over powering.

After 7-10 days in softens a great deal.

J

1 Like

I used either banana TFA or FA along w/ ban cream TFA as well. Maybe he can let it breathe again for at least 3-4 hours and give it a few more days.

2 Likes