To My East Coast Friends - A Blessing

May the God’s of the winds send that Hurricane far out to sea and away from your homes!

Hugs and much Love!

11 Likes

Thank you for your well wishes @Maureeenie Yeah, I bet @DarthVapor is happy that he lives on the gulf coast of Florida right about now…although I am sure he will still get some effects from it. @Amy2 I am not sure where you are at now, Florida or NC but be safe. I am on the coast of Virginia but it looks like the track of the storm is that it is going to carry out into the Atlantic just before it reaches me, but I know I will get some rain and wind from it…a hurricane came through my area last year and they literally just finished rebuilding the bridge that is about 2 minutes from my house that it took out…they built it much sturdier this time though…

3 Likes

The danger with this hurricane to me is going to be the fact that it’s moving really slow and leaving 12-15 inches of rain. We had a storm here in MI last weekend where it just would not stop raining. Here’s the flooded golf course at the campground (This is only 3 inches of rain. That water is 3 feet deep in the middle of these flood ponds and it’s normally all just grass):

2 Likes

Oh my :anguished: Yeah it doesn’t flood much where I am at, because I am about 6 miles from the beach, the beach is not on the Atlantic, it is on the Potomac river where it is really wide and it separates VA and MD, and it is not far from the Cheasepeake Bay, but closer to the beach is where it does get really high water during big storms

1 Like

That’s good! We have an area around the Grand River where 5-6 neighborhoods pretty much swim after a bad storm. We have a creek running through that campground as well and it was running up a good 2 feet higher the that morning. I don’t like these forced evacuations but I kind of understand why they do it.

2 Likes

Here is a map of the area where I live…as you can see, the water surge from any storm along the coast impacts us because we are so close to the ocean…

2 Likes

Oh yes, they are mandatory when things get too dangerous…

1 Like

Yep. Storm surge will be bad with this one.

2 Likes

Yeah, that is why I am glad that it is supposed to veer off into the ocean before it gets up this far…I hope anyways

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes by what ever faith anyone may have, let’s send thoughts of safety to everyone. Most of my family and many friends are somewhere within the potential path of this. It’s a worrying situation. :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers :pray:

4 Likes

Yes I am very happy I am on the Gulf Coast right about now! I’m sure we will get some rain but it will be just another normal “Autumn” day in Siesta :slight_smile:

My team and I are the Disaster Relief Catering crew for FL though, so if this does make landfall and cause damage, FPL (Florida Power and Light) gives me a call and we all jump in the truck and go cook for 1000s of people…

Needless to say, I am REALLY rooting for this thing to go away!! Haha

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, this should be interesting :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I got a good ways from it I’m in Western NC in the Mountains but I have a lot of family and friends I’ve offered for them to retreat up to me but as true Floridians they are at this time going to hunker down. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

5 Likes

Dear east coast,
Can i borrow a few inches of rain?

Hugs and kisses,
A dude from California

5 Likes

Thoughts and Prayers East Coast!
Hurricanes aren’t the only threat , please keep that in mind!
I use to wrongly believe that people that caught up in flash floods while driving were either drunk or stupid.I have lived near lakes , rivers and streams my entire life with no issues at all until this year.Within the past few months I have got caught in flash floods that have made my normal one hour and half commute take up to five hours.
3am and flooded roads are absolutely no fun at all! I had to sit it out in one little town for three hours until the water resided enough to go through.The town became nothing more than an island the water came up so fast I could not even turn around and go back the way I came.
I have learned when you get a flash flood warning on your phone you better start paying attention!
The morale of this novel is simple , if water is over the road turn around if possible and if not get to the highest point of land you can and sit it out!
You never know if there is still a road underneath that water , we had several roads get washed out this year!

5 Likes

Okay, so I live in Delray Beach. The storm is to slide by later, hitting point further north on the coast. But, if this storm takes a nasty swipe at the actual beach, which is 6 miles away, maybe I’ll end up some beachfront property?

Probably not a good thought being I’d lose a large number of my customers. Okay, so let the storm miss us and I’ll keep my customers all juiced up in the days to come.

3 Likes

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

1 Like

Well I got the call from FPL and it appears while all the (smart) people will be running away from the storm, I will be rushing towards it :slight_smile:

Chefs… the silent, unspoken, heroes

7 Likes

Be safe!!!

2 Likes

Don’t forget your cape. Good luck and stay safe!

5 Likes