To POD or not to POD

Oh well, we tried.

3 Likes

When I decided I was gonna quit smoking two years ago, finding the right device was essential. Once I landed on a pod system, I was good to go almost immediately, but it took a month of trying different devices to find the right one for me/us.

Now I had tried to quit a number of times with varying success but my wife with her mild emphysema had not. Both of us had been smoking for 45+ years. I gave her a Zero Pod (refillable pod system) with a commercial spearmint eliquid and she quit the cancer sticks straight away. Just like the story above.

Say what you will about costs of pods etc., but my wife no longer wakes up in the middle of the night coughing her lungs out and cigarettes (with their high cost in health and dollars) are a thing of the past. At least until we have to take it up again if Australia passes itā€™s draconian anti vaping laws.

Just my 5c contributions. Truly, Respect to you all.

10 Likes

Awesome!! That is what I like to hear. Thatā€™s what itā€™s all about. I am happy for you and your wife.

Not awesome at all. Come on Australia, get your sh!t together. Oh and you to USA.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s great! Continued success to you both!

4 Likes

Definitely a dual user here. Started vaping 2 years ago with a DTL stock coil tank which was recommended to me. 6 mg. juice, also recommended, just wasnā€™t doing it for me. I couldnā€™t even think about vaping until I finished my 2 morning cigarettes. I researched vaping alternatives on U-tube and decided to try high nic salts. My local B&M guy suggested the Caliburn and let me sample some 50 mg. juice. Within 2 days I had smoked my last cigarette. My next vaping progress was DIY mixing. I started by mixing 50 mg salt juice and have gradually lowered it to 18 mg. I now use 18 mg. salt juice in all of my devices and do not plan to reduce it any further. I take 4 or 5 hits every 30 to 40 minutes and set it down between sessions. This keeps me satisfied and mimics the way I used to smoke cigarettes. Any lower dosage and I just have to hit it more frequently, so whatā€™s the point? I go through about 7 ml per day, so that is roughly 126 mg. of nicotine, or the equivalent of a half a pack of cigarettes. I used to smoke 3 times that many. I still use a Caliburn pod, but only when Iā€™m out and about. I have several rebuildable MTL devices now; RDAā€™s, RTAā€™s, and even a great little squonkable RDTA. They all have better flavor than my pod and I always have one at hand when Iā€™m in the house or in my vehicle. But when Iā€™m doing anything outdoors or away from the house, the Caliburn is still my daily companion. There is no single ā€œbestā€ vape. Different situations call for different styles of vaping which, in turn, call for different styles of devises. Thatā€™s my story and Iā€™m sticking to it.

3 Likes

Me too. I work the 11 pm to 7 am shift. Going outside to vape isnā€™t an option. I just go into the bathroom with my pod. . There isnt really enough smoke to set off any alarms.
For me, pods are perfect for discreet vaping.

4 Likes

Lol, I used to do it in the open with my MTL vaping. Not exactly a cloud chucking situation and the steam from the machine used to cover it up fineā€¦ :man_shrugging: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

3 Likes