Tobacco Free Nic

River Supply has this for sale…it’s synthetic nic and it’s very expensive. One liter of 250mg nic salt is $600. WTF!? This stuff better do dishes or go food shopping for that much.

5 Likes

Sounds about right from what I have heard about pricing.

3 Likes

I saw that. I was very tempted to get the smallest, cheapest bottle but I reigned myself in. I would like to try it though. If they F#ck us like I think they will, we might be buying it. I do have 4 yrs of Nic in the freezer and if I mix for me and two other people it will last that long. I hope.

2 Likes

So what’s the appeal of it?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Gee, do they really believe the gov’t is going to let them slip this by them? It would be naive to do so, imo.

3 Likes

FDA has already said they will treat as a tobacco product.

4 Likes

In that case what could be the incentive to pay such a high premium for this nic? I don’t readily see one.

2 Likes

Might be as simple as being completely tobacco free. If I had the funds I’d try it.

3 Likes

Thats not entirely true.

The product I manufacture contains no substance made or derived from tobacco, e.g. is zero-nicotine, or has synthetic nicotine or nicotine made from tomatoes. Is my product subject to FDA regulation?

The definition of “tobacco product” includes any product made or derived from tobacco, including any component, part, or accessory of a tobacco product. E-liquids that do not contain nicotine or other substances made or derived from tobacco may still be components or parts and, therefore, subject to FDA’s tobacco control authorities.

However, it’s possible that a disposable, closed system device that contains an e-liquid with truly zero nicotine (or synthetic nicotine) would not be regulated by the FDA as a tobacco product, if it is not intended or reasonably be expected to be used in such a fashion. FDA intends to make these determinations on a case-by-case basis, based on a totality of the circumstances.

3 Likes