Tobacco Profile

Newbie here, overwhelmed but eager to learn. I’m looking for a tobacco flavor profile to be my all day vape. I loved MFS W. Tobacco flavor as well as their 555 flavor but alas they are no longer in business. I love the idea of DIY so far my attempts have been so so to not bad, I’ve created my version of Fuzion Vapor’s Zombie Killer and it’s pretty good after just 8 days steeping.
I bought a large bottle of TFA Western but it tastes the way patchouli smells, I’ll have to throw it out.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

7 Likes

Welcome to ELR @TimWV.

5 Likes

Hello Tim. We have quite a few tobacco experts among us so I’m sure they’ll chime in eventually. Welcome to the forums!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums.

If you could give me an idea of the tobaccos and tastes you like, without naming specific commercial e-juices, then we can ponder how to build your first recipes. E.g., do you want a blend which veers closer to real tobacco or ones which include other notes: dried fruit, earthy, caramel, spiced etc.

Although, I must admit I would have kept your Western, though only for the patchouli scent: Always reminds me of TCM back patches.

5 Likes

I like to get as close as I can to authentic tobacco flavor, I smoked analog cigarettes for 30+ years but no menthol or other flavored cigarettes. As far as vape flavors I enjoy regular tobacco flavor profiles, I really like Fuzion Vapor’s Zombie Killer which is cucumber mint (probably my favorite flavor besides tobacco) and I’ve made a suitable substitute/clone of that. I like a grapefruit citrus sugarberry iced made by Mrkt Plce, I like bakery flavors, bourbon and custard flavors and others. I don’t like any of my flavors overly sweet.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

6 Likes

I’ll ponder the flavours, though you did just name e-juices which I already said is of no use to me. Although, a minty cucumber base does appear in many of my summer cocktail and Pimm’s blends.

But, if you are favouring natural style tobacco, then Inawera and Flavorah will be key brands to look at, if you are trying to avoid NETs: I prefer to get my tobacco flavours without using tobacco. Most of my own recipes rely on these two and I’ve tested a far few tobacco concentrates.

Which cigarettes did you smoke? There are countless variables and regional variation. For example, I always disliked English cigarettes as they are a salty mess but enjoyed perique and cured Virginia ones.

What springs to mind is a light (with a slight bakery note) but ashy cigarette blend topped with some bourbon notes.

4 Likes

I smoked Winston cigarettes and sometimes camel filter, once I found vaping in 2014, I haven’t looked back. I do like the Desert Ship flavoring (FA), Red Type flavor (TFA), and Turkish (TFA).
The flavor you mentioned sounded good, do you have a recipe for that?
Also, I haven’t thrown out the Western, I just don’t know what to do with it, wasting money kills me!

4 Likes

To be honest, I haven’t used TFA/TPA tobaccos in years as they cannot capture the distinct character of different leaves: When making a tobacco blend, you need to adapt to each strain’s quirks. For example, people use perique concentrates but make no attempt to adjust the pH of their blend when they wish to emulate a tobacco famed as being the only major acidic one.

I’ll create a few simple recipes, with only a few ingredients tomorrow, then we can work on how to adapt them.

I really need to get back to spending a few hours on Valentine’s gifts before the bed’s gravity drags me away.

5 Likes

Thank you for your help.
I bought my daughter a new mod and tank for Valentine’s Day lol
Have a good rest!

4 Likes

@TimWV

4 Likes

Is there nicotine in this recipe?

3 Likes

Just adapt it, and add whatever NIC you want.

2 Likes

I will do that, thank you for your help, much appreciated!

3 Likes

Allow about 14 days to steep. It takes Smokies Winston to come together.

5 Likes

I am ordering everything as I sit here, will mix as soon as it comes in.
Thank you

5 Likes

If you find it too sweet, then lower the Red Burley by 0.5%.If it lacks a kick, then a 0.5% increase in the Lime Wedge may do the trick.

5 Likes

I’m ordering stuff now, is it lime or lime wedge, I have both in my cart

4 Likes

Either can be used, though I prefer Lime Wedge as it is zestier, stronger, and more versitile

2 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

3 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes