Tobacco Recipes

Thanks a lot guy’s :grinning:

1 Like

If you could only…v3! :wink:

Pick three tobacco flavors. RY4 and Black Honey don’t count cuz they’re barely tobacco.

You’re gonna make my head explode…:confounded:

INW AM4A, Gold Ducat and Tobacco DnB. These three are in my favorite tobacco recipes.

1 Like

LOL Aw come on…Top 5?

@Pro_Vapes I have the am4a and gold ducat on my wish list. They sound lovely. I think I wound up getting FA Glory and Inawera Gold for Pipe this time around. The am4a was in the cart for a loooong time and I almost kept it and tossed the cactus. But, I have been wanting the Cactus for awhile now. So many things, so little cash and time. What is DnB?

1 Like

It’s like a tobacco finisher. It give the tobacco ash taste/feel making it feel like a real cig/cigar/pipe. It goes well with all tobacco flavors. I use it at .5% because it has strong ashy note above 1%.

My experience is limited, but my 3 choices are all Hangsen.

Desert Ship
Highway
TAB Blended

(with Turkish, No 5, & RY1 running a very close 4th ,5th, & 6th)

Adding a little RY4 Double, Rustica TA, & Black Honey here and there occasionally, to any of the above tobaccos changes their personalities pretty nicely.

In a, ‘stranded on a desert island, with only 3 tobaccos’ scenario, with D.S, Highway, and TAB, I might let the rescue boat pass by quite a few times, before lighting the signal fire. :wink:

2 Likes

Considering I just received 26 new tobacco flavors, the jury is in deliberation on which tobaccos are in the top 5! :thinking:…lemme scratch my head on that one a while!

Holy cow! I didn’t even know there WERE 26 tobacco flavors. I’m never gonna get caught up. :disappointed_relieved: LoL.

1 Like

Those are nice choices! The Glory is a fav of my wife for its nutty tones and the GFP reminds me of a RYO tobacco I used to smoke all the time.

My mixing strategy has started to morph a bit, as of late. The percentage of “additions” to the core tobacco flavor in the mix is being drastically reduced, so as not to cover up or distort the primary tobacco flavor.

I wouldn’t chew on a clove of garlic right before savoring a sweet piece of my favorite pie; this is how I’m starting to feel about other flavors getting in the path of tasting the tobacco in the mix. This is coming into play with doing all this flavor testing with new tobaccos; while testing them, I think, “Wow!..don’t want to cover this flavor up with anything!” Or “Perhaps just a dash of X would enhance this tobacco nicely”.

Now, I do still enjoy my 8 to 12 flavor ADV’s I’ve created for myself over time, but I’m starting to realize, keeping it simple can have it’s rewards as well! :wink:

4 Likes

My daughter wanted a sweet tobacco caramel vape; turned out pretty good…

1 Like

Ok…I can’t stand it. Reading this thread has weakened me. I’m getting ready to fill a cart.

My tobacco list:
INW Black For Pipe
INW Dark For Pipe
INW Gold For Pipe
INW French Pipe
Are these all distinct flavors, or do I have some overlapping redundancy with these choices?

The other tobaccos:
INW Gold Ducat
FA Shade
FA Tuscan Reserve

I also want to add a few complimentary flavors that go well with tobaccos. I have FA Black Fire & TPA Black Honey tobaccos, but I don’t really consider them a ‘tobacco’. I can’t imagine vaping those as a stand alone tobacco, but a few drops to give a tobacco a different personality, they are fine. For me to consider something a tobacco flavor, it has to have merit, used by itself, and those two don’t, for me.

I have FA Caramel Candy, FA Maple Syrup, FA Toasted marshmallow, & FA Brown Sugar as something to sweeten up a tobacco, if I want to.

I need a little help with the following:

What I’d like to try, at this point. are some complimentary flavors that add a little creaminess. I like coconut, and thought that might work well with some tobaccos. I have my eye on FW Creamy Coconut. I’m also looking at DX Bavarian Cream. I am considering those two, strictly on the reviews of others, at the BCV site.

I’d like to try some sort of chocolate flavor, a vanilla, and perhaps a coffee or mocha flavor that is tobacco friendly also. There are quite a few chocolate & vanilla flavors, so it would be easy for me to grab the wrong one for what I’m trying to add to the tobaccos.

Set me straight, suggestions and critiques are always welcome.

1 Like

Can’t go wrong with any of those tobacco flavors; nothing overlaps. FA Black Fire can almost be considered an absolute (ash note)…go easy with it!

Never tried that FW coconut, but I can tell you INW cocopilada is excellent; coconut and cookie at the same time.

I don’t do the DX flavors…butric acid = bad taste…to me.

FA Cocoa is the bomb.

FA Vanilla Tahity…little dab will do ya!

FA Vienna Cream or Meringue; lovely for smoothing out the rough edges in tobaccos.

FA Dark Bean Espresso! Can’t go wrong… again, low percentages are good with this one.

2 Likes

Are you trying to one stop shop?

Thanks a bunch, for the suggestions!

I have to agree 100% on the Black Fire. Hoooeeee, that’s a potent one! I mixed up a little 5% test batch, when I first got it. (I learned to cut the tests to 5% after my 10% Arabic excursion!) Super smokehouse flavor. When I do use it (not very often) it’s just a drop or two.

I had no idea about the DX / Butric Acid thing. I’ll take your suggestion, and steer clear of it. Your recommendations carry a lot more weight with me, than random reviews, thanks.

Yes, I was hoping to get everything at BCV, to save on shipping. I haven’t looked on BCV yet, to see if they had the complimentary flavors you suggested. I’ve only purchased flavors from RTS, and BCV. I’ve had good luck with both. Is there another place that might have everything?

1 Like

ecigExpress is another good one stop shopping vendor; sometimes their pricing beats everyone else’s. Go for the priority 2/3 day USPS ship option, sometimes it takes a while to get your flavors out of WA state!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check it out.

Btw… I found a very good tobacco combo while tank mixing. I need to join Tank Mixers Anonymous. I know I should be more diligent about mixing the right way, and taking detailed notes, but sometimes when it’s time to refill the tank, I’ll just look over what’s on the shelf and do a summadis & summadat, from my single flavor mixes.

I had a Hangsen No 5 (6%) and FA RY4 Double (3%) mix, from when I was starting out. It was a little over 2 months old. There was only a couple of ml left in the bottle, so I thought, eh I’ll use some, and get the bottle close to empty, so I can reuse it. I put about 2 ml in my tank, and eyed the bottle of 5% Arabic. So I added some Arabic to it. I wish I had measured the amount of Arabic I added! It was about 3/4 of an eyedropper, from a 15 ml bottle. DAMN, that was a good mix! I’m going to try and re-create it, the right way, so I can share it properly.

I swear, I find good combos that way, quite often. I have a whole list of good ones, written down. If I ever get those figured out (the right way), I’ll be ready to crack the Da Vinci Code.

3 Likes

HS Arabic has tons of potential in my book! It won’t be for everyone, but I am really taken with this complex tobacco.:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Please do!:wink:

1 Like

This is really close. Just a mix & test. No steep time, obviously.
I might drop the Arabic to 3.5% and bump the RY4 Double up to 4% next time.
The No 5 is still out in front, just a bit, which is what I wanted.
I’ll see what a week or two does to it, first.

1 Like