Toffee? Anyone do it right?

Us Irish like a lick of liquor in ours :smiley: hehe, not always! We get all the English toffees over here too, always remind me of Christmas, weā€™d always have a big box of toffees in the house :smiley:

2 Likes

LOL
@Maureeenie @Uncaged
Much the same here in Bonnie Scotland, the sugar capital of the world! LOL
May not be good for our health but the dentists are rich! LOL
Funnily enough a few years ago whilst in America I tried English Toffee and I was disappointed as it didnā€™t taste anything like English toffee? Much like the flavourings available?
Must be something else added or not? But it is different?
I still think a lot of the taste profile is down to how the mouth is coated with the sweet creamy goodness?
Almost molasses / butter like ?
Actually chewing, sucking a piece as I type this.LOL

I had similar experience with sweets and cereals in the States. They tend to use a lot of sweetener, where actual sugar is more common over here. I donā€™t use sweetener in my recipes now outside of marshmallow and meringue, I find they offer a more natural sweetness, where the others give that diet coke type of ā€˜sweetā€™. Maybe try some marshmallow? FAā€™s is really good.

One of my mates is a mad Scot btw :smiley: heā€™s from Ayrshire, I think? because I can barely understand him half the time :stuck_out_tongue:

Have to agree!
I am a big chocolate lover and I just donā€™t get American chocolate? To me it tastes of the cheap, artificial chocolate we get here?
Really donā€™t see the fuss over Hershey bars?
Sorry my American cousins! LOL
What do yo mean you donā€™t understand him? LOL
We do tend to speak very fast and when you throw in our own words then itā€™s understandable that we arenā€™t understood at times? LOL
I have to make a conscious effort when conversing with a non Scot, in speaking, to me anyway, slower and watching that I donā€™t use Scots words! Lol

1 Like

ā€¦and @Uncaged you guys are right about sugar everything here in the US, itā€™s bad :slight_smile:

You knowā€¦ Iā€™m thinking your both right thoughā€¦what if it is a molasses and liquor note missing from the toffee flavoring from the vape flavoring?

1 Like

ā€¦and butter!

Yeah thereā€™s a distinct buttery note to many toffees over here, hence why I use butterscotch, and the caramel just ramps up that stronger, toffee note.

@Chewy, Iā€™m just kidding on the accent :smiley: He does have quite a thick Scotā€™s one alright, but Iā€™m well used to it by now. Whenever Iā€™m abroad people have trouble understanding me! :smiley:

Chewy,

I spent three years in Germany and I can definitely say I agree with you on our chocolate in Americaā€¦

What about this then?

TOCā€™S Toffee Crunch

1.25% Butter Cream (CAP)
3% Butterscotch (FA)
2% Caramel (FA)
2% Fresh cream (FA)
1% Jamaican Rum (FA)
5% Molasses (Real Flavors)

1 Like

Oh my, that looks good. I have everything but the Molasses but I can fix thatā€¦

Have you tried this recipe?

no I was asking before I did hon. Not sure if Jama rum will give that ā€œboozyā€ touch though because it really doesnā€™t hit me that way?

Oh whoopsā€¦sorryā€¦ I was thinking the percentage of the rum was a little high? The Molasses looks a bit high as well if itā€™s strong flavoring? Looks like a good recipe though.

That molasses is the VG based one. I used it at 10% in a tobacco recipe so was cutting it here?

1 Like

Ohā€¦ ok. Then 5% probably isnā€™t too bad at all!

Cool, thanks. Iā€™ll knock down the Jama too. I wonder though if I should use the Cognac from INW instead if booze is what might help?

That sounds good too!

1 Like

Let me know for sure! It sounds awesome!

@authormichellehughes
Yes European chocolate is very different, in a good way.
The Belgian chocolate especially is just heavenly creamy chocolate nirvana!
I would urge all Americans to give it a try!

That looks a very nice recipe?
Havenā€™t got the molasses or rum but they will be on the list!
Maybe a bit of raisin with it would be nice?

If I was looking to replicate toffee I would be looking at different butters to emphasise the smooth varying layers of dairy that would coat the mouth, caramel, brown sugar, molasses, vanilla and a nice sweet cream?
It is not something I have given much thought to, until now, so I guess I should start my next flavour quest? LOL

@Uncaged
LOL
Yes I knew you were joking so no worries!

2 Likes

I have had Belgian chocolate, nothing like it on earth. My sisters exā€™s mother used to bring it back from Germany for us at Christmas.

1 Like

I have a friend in Switzerland that sends me chocolate. Itā€™s soā€¦ soā€¦ so wonderful!

2 Likes

The first Chocolate Vape I found that I DO enjoy:
Toffee Dream Cream FW
Caramel IWA
Chocolate FA

I think I used IWA, maybe MF or a combination of the two.
But, anywayā€¦ Iā€™ve tried about 6 different chocolate ejuice (s) and this is the first that I really like and I do like it yesterday, today and tomorrow. Sorry I donā€™t have specific percentages for you. I just keep them pre-steeped and put them together in a bottle and/or in my tank. This one I first mixed in my tank, and it was so good, I put it in a bottle. I just do it by feel. of course, youā€™d use a lot less of the chocolate than you would the caramel. If someone can make a recipe and post itā€¦ please do. Of course, you guys have probably already made this mix. Just thought Iā€™d go ahead and post about it because trulyā€¦ I am picky and donā€™t like hardly any chocolate vapes Iā€™ve tried (this far), except this one.