Took a dive in to D.I.Y

took the dive all my bits came today and I’ve just made my first 30ml test of the recipe unicorn milk uploaded from cuttswood spy and my my it’s better than any brough e juice I’ve tried too say the least I’m spending £3.12 100ml where as I was spending £6.50 for 10ml of pre-made! Through I should share peace :bow:

16 Likes

Personally I’m not much for the milky recipes and I’m not a fan of the unicorn recipe, but it’s nice to hear that you do.
Usually stuff that you put some effort in gives you more satisfaction, the same can be said about making your own coils for an RDA or RTA. In any case, anything that keeps someone off the smokes is good news. I’m sure you’ll find plenty of other recipes on ELR that will give you great satisfaction :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve order an rta a few days ago and will probably get it next week I’ve looked into coil making to an extent some look abit overkill :stuck_out_tongue: but I like the look of Clapton coils and variations of it from what I’ve seen they look like they hold juice well and as for other flavours I’ve seen this one Cinapple Fritter [DIYorDIE: returnity] which look tasty might have to give that one a try :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of mad science. From the look of your flavorings I’d say you like creamy strawberry recipes. Capella makes some really great flavors so you are already off on the right foot. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

If you’re new, claptons can be a pita to make by hand and you can end up throwing away lots of wire. Joel from the ELR forum/chat showed me this vid and it truly works amazingly well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpSmTMgXUDM
I’ve got 2 left hands and made 1m of perfectly wrapped fused clapton in just a few minutes. All you really need to do is hold the button of your drill, the wire wraps itself.
I pay about £5 for 100m (330ft) of wire so it’s very cheap as well.

5 Likes

That looks alot easier than the method I saw where the guy used his hand to wrap the wire he did how ever used a rolling swivel (fishing) to stabilize the other end of the wire which if you did both with the pen and the swivel I don’t think it would be possible to mess up I’ll have a try when I get my order the only part that I’m struggling to get my head around is ohms law

yeah i use a swivel too and i made a holder for my spool from a wooden block I found in my garage. Using that, I don’t even need to hold the pen in place, just push the wooden block slowly along the way, doesn’t even need to be very precisely match the speed of the wrap.
If you use a swivel, you won’t need to straighten your wire first. Just plug and play :wink:

Ohms law is especially important for mech mods, but it surely doesn’t do any harm to grasp the concept on a regulated mod.
Use http://www.steam-engine.org/ for all your coil wrapping.

1 Like

Yep I use a swivel too, I just clamp it in the vice and I can knot the wire onto the swivel and pull it super taut. It makes the whole thing so much easier when you don’t have to worry about the wire wobbling around.

Why am I not surprised that you have a vice?

1 Like

Idk… Why? :wink::smiling_imp::joy:

1 Like

made one little edit to your comment

1 Like

Lmfao I figured you might. :laughing:

2 Likes

Congratulations !!! Get your mix on @Stumpy2

2 Likes

Yup… I can see your house!

4 Likes

No joke I’ve smoked 4 tanks of this recipe a 65w in baby beast today is this normal? I literally stopped fags when I made make my mix all others chocked me out so I carried on smoking but when I make my own mix 80vg x 20pg I can take lung hits like the best well not the best I’m sure you lot have competitions lol but could the irritation on my throat be the pg? I was using 6 nic before aswell xx

1 Like

Yes, there are people -like me- that have intolerance or even allergies with PG. Throat irritation is one of those symptoms, but some people even get skin irritations. For me it’s a serious sinus irritation, which I even get from the little PG in flavorings and max-vg liquids and overactive sinuses also affect the throat. I’m really considering to RF’s all-vg flavorings but that’ll be something for my next order. I try to avoid flavors that are weak, like most TPA and CAP and recipes with more than 10% flavoring.

But yeah, actual irritation is usually a sign of hyper sensitivity to something and if cutting down on PG helps, that’s likely the cause.

3 Likes