Top Flavors by Vendor

I’m on that now. Thanks for your efforts.

2 Likes

Drip, I couldn’t agree with you more, I have at least a dozen tobaccos from FW and TFA I can pretty much say I will never use, other than drain cleaner that is. Feel like I wasted money on 4 different cherry flavors. I’ve had pretty fair luck otherwise because I have learned to look closely at ratings. If there is any question I don’t buy. Still though, it’s still gonna happen. Perhaps this is yet another reason to buy some glasses with the little wipers to get the fog out of my eyes…lol

4 Likes

There is a way a way to do polls here and honestly it came to mind for me too. I thought of each flavor being polled for best with each major vendor as choices, however, then I thought of the amount of flavors and my bubble popped…Oh well…

6 Likes

Hopefully, with a group effort we can steer clear of the bad stuff and compile a list of highly recommended flavors and vendors to avoid wasting money. I’ve already picked up a few to replace some of this bad stuff I got. I was so gung ho in the beginning that I was ordering any and everything… now I’ve learned to be real picky and order flavors that’s been highly recommended. Now my mixes are tasting a lot better.

7 Likes

Not that most of us haven’t learned to get away from this but my guess is if we took the time to ask right here on ELR when in question, we would have nothing but good luck buying…

5 Likes

Sometimes I do the same just out sheer despiration of finding a flavoring that actually tastes like whatever the heck it’s supposed to taste like! Take coconut for example…still looking for a coconut that actually tastes like coconut and not coconut infused with plastic. Jeez-O-Pete.

6 Likes

Ok guys, gals, how about this? We have 6 major flavor vendors. Flavor West, Flavor Art, TFA, Hangsen, Capella, and Inawera. Sorry guys, being Loranne flavors are mostly unsuitable for vaping I do not consider them a major player. We start 6 new threads, one for each flavor company.

1. Flavors you would recommend from Flavor West
  2. Flavors you would recommend from Capella
  3. Flavors you would recommend from Inawera
  4. Flavors you would recommend from Hangsen
  5. Flavors you would recommend from Flavor Art
  6. Flavors you would recommend from The Flavor Apprentice

Within our thread we can ask…

Please tell us what flavors you would recommend your fellow ELR users to purchase from _______ Company. Please only include flavors you would purchase continually keep stocked personally and would recommend to others…

Something like that, what do you think? Think it might work?

11 Likes

That really looks good. We need to some how combine it with the flavors to avoid also. We need to get some exposure and somehow urge participation. As in the “top flavors by vendors” post there wasn’t much interest besides us regulars. Maybe we can get @daath to pin this topic for a certain amount of time. Also we should come up with a nice lead in that will make people want to participate.

5 Likes

I think that the flavor ratings are an excellent idea…I’ll also “add” that we would benefit in having a “strength” rating within this…
Such as…Capella is slightly better custard w more prominent egg flavor…but the tpa/LA are more highly concentrated…
Perhaps we could upgrade a calculator…or at least offer a “concentration” scale in that you seek to substitute one brand for another and based upon percentages these values might certainly change…ie 6% of TPA might be 8% of Capella…

5 Likes

There is a new flavor review section that should cover that info. Also if you click any flavor in a recipe it will take you to a note section that has percentages in there for you.

3 Likes

Vanilla flavor is a awesome or great vapor production at max VG, it’s also good for mixing.

3 Likes

Ok guys, gals, put on those thinking caps. I need to replace my current watermelon flavor but nothing seems to compare. The watermelon flavor I had was from vapor shots who changed to flavor envy and changed again now to Nicotine Labs. The original Vapor Shots watermelon did indeed taste just like natural watermelon. No candy taste but sweet as eating watermelon. Anyone know something that compares?

2 Likes

Subjectivity can be partially removed by adding a weighted behavioural index to your assessment of a flavour.
It could also identify essential but not exiting base flavours.
1 point - reordered 10ml
3 points - reordered 30-50ml
4 points - reordered 100ml+
3 points - Always on my shelf (only valid if it has been reordered)
3 points - This is now the only version of this flavour I use (only valid if others have been tried)
1-10 points - Your subjective score

I am away for a couple of weeks and will give this some thought on the beach.

2 Likes

True watermelon No candy

Watermelon FA
Double watermelon Cap ( weak side )
Watermelon TFA ( strong but seems lacking in some sweetness )

I still have vapor shots watermelon as well good stuff.

Watermelon LA colorless indeed candy like but does very well paired with double watermelon if LA is lower %.

4 Likes

Weak side? Please explain. A little weak would be OK since this is for a Premium Blend which watermelon is not the dominant flavor. FA flavors are pretty much out, not cost effective. Loranne is out if I would have the mix flavors to get what I need. On BCV TFA Watermelon has very good reviews. It’s a choice between Cap and TFA. Which is more realistic and would not require sweetening?

While we are at this, I need to also replace VSs honeydew. Again, realistic taste and no need of extra sweetening. TFA has good reviews, Cap Mixed reviews. Your thoughts here?

2 Likes

Double watermelon over TFA. Weaker as in I feel I may have to use at higher % than suggested but still good.

Honeydew - I also have VS love it. But … My new favorite is Jungle’s honeydew it is sweet very similar to TFA’s which probably is the sweetest of them all followed by Jungle flavor then Capella honeydew melon.

3 Likes

Amy, I think I have decided to just bite the bullet and buy these 2 flavors from Nicotine Labs (VS). This blend is just too important to be top notch quality since it is one of my premium ejuices. Any other options are going to cost almost or as much as buying the original flavors. Some options even more. If I could trust TFA watermelon and honeydew to do the job that would be the way to go, but I’m not to confident it would work…

PS, Hope they do not piss me off cause they changed the flavors!

3 Likes

Go with your gut dude ! And as far as changing the flavors they claim it’s the " same flavors we loved from Vapor shots " they better not change it bc I love their strawberry and banana as well.

Now if they can stop changing their name that would be nice too. Luckily they email me all their stuff

3 Likes

I have easily replaced these 2 flavors with FW strawberry (wonderful mixer in my opinion) and for the banana I now use TFA Banana Cream. One other flavor that can not be replaced as well is VS Mocha. I decided to discontinue it though. Another flavor I will eventually have to replace will be their Black licorice. I use it in a menthol mix so I hope I can find something to replace it…

Yes, that would be nice too!

3 Likes

I haven’t tried their mocha, and as for FW strawberry it’s good too and most certainly Banana cream TFA is a staple for me too !

Hmm they may be getting some of my $ after all here soon. They have a sale going on. I forgot what it is bc my darn email is flooded w/ vape email with specials for the 4th. ( I am Not complaining :blush:) :apple::cherries::grapes::strawberry:

3 Likes