Topside dual

Yes you got it in the right place and as you say there IS also one in the bottle assembly.

4 Likes

@Dippy1 Thank you for clarifying. Really appreciate it!

3 Likes

Hey Steph,

First, you are welcome! Glad I could help. Thereā€™s only supposed to be one o-ring. I have several tanks and none of them have an o-ring in position 2. The o-ring is supposed to be inside the hole at position 1.

If having two o-rings works and seals easily without making the battery door hard to close, I guess itā€™s OK, but it was designed and shipped with only one is the hole, position 1. Maybe by the time you bought yours, they added a second o-ring to help it seal. However, you can try it with only one inside the hole to see if the battery door closes easier and still seals against leaks. If not, and having two doesnā€™t cause issues, then go ahead.

3 Likes

@100_VG Thank you for the detailed reply, again! Really appreciate this!

So strange, how yours is different than mine. Its the first time Iā€™ve had to take out the assembly, since I got the mod in March of 2021. If you zoom into the picture on the right (https://i.ibb.co/Zmzg8VV/image.png) you can see the o-ring is definitely inside of the assembly. I wonder if they just shipped mine with one o-ring inside of figure 1, and one on figure 2. Kind of bizarre. I havenā€™t noticed any leaks since my original post either.

Also, out of curiosity. Do you guys ever clean out the actual squonk tank? Iā€™ve had this mod for a year now and Iā€™m kind of concerned about bacteria build up. Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Iv got 3 topside duelā€™s and all have the same o- ring set up as yours.

3 Likes

Just soak mine in a baby bottle cleaner fluid wash it out with water and let it dry.sometimes I pump it though the mod to clean the pipe out over a sink

3 Likes

You are very welcome! I bought mine on May 30, 2020, so maybe they started shipping with two o-rings after that. I never noticed any leaks, but maybe they added another to insure that.

Just be very careful with the battery door. The locking tabs on the Mod at the bottom are fairly thin and quite narrow and short, while the tab bar on the battery door is made much better. Those little tabs near the juice bottleā€™s bottom can wear down to the point that they wonā€™t keep the battery door closed and locked.

Always unlatch the door by pressing up and then pulling out, while still pressing up, and then down after it fully passes those tabs. The batteries will force it to open, so the added pressure up helps prevent the wear. Follow the reverse to close and lock it. Pull it outward while pressing up and closed and then, continuing to press up, push it closed and locked. This will make the door last a lot longer.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Great procedure! Thanks

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had two they both do the same thing.

2 Likes