Topside dual

Has anyone experienced the battery door bowing out where the batteries make contact and can you bend it back to correct it or will it damage it?

6 Likes
7 Likes

I have the updated one that they fixed the battery door issue. The spring load of the batteries as bowed the door. It stays closed it sometimes turns off and you gotta press it back up to get it to turn back on

4 Likes

No, though I have encountered having to carefully adjust battery positions when using 18650 to 21700 sheathes.

3 Likes

Problem solved. I put fully charged batteries and it said only one was full. So i took the battery door off laid it flat and used the back end of a screw driver and gave 3 light smacks with it. (See pic where i did it) and now the door is flush with the lower body of the mod.

5 Likes

As they say, “If you can’t fix it by smacking it, it must be an electrical problem”

7 Likes

Anyone got a fix for leaking? I loved my topside dual but it started leaking into the battery compartment from the area near the fitting the bottle slides up into when you pull the whole bottle, no leaks at the 510 or anything i am aware of, just the side of the batteries nearest the bottle end up drenched, especially as the bottle gets lower and you squonk a little harder, it leaks inside the compartment where the bottle is a little too

4 Likes

I found that the leaking I had was due to over filling it.however on a different occasion i also had a small pin hole in the squonk bottle close to the edge of the window. It was caused by squonking harder as the bottle was emptying. The mod does come with a spare bottle which i easily replaced , if not you can buy them individually online

4 Likes

The only issue I have had with the battery door and not making a proper connection is the rubbish t5 screws at the bottom kept coming lose. I have since replaced these with some slighty thicker thread posi drive screws and it’s problem solved for me

4 Likes

Also remember the screws on the squonk bottle also come loose and you need to make sure they are tight. I just take all apart clean and tighten then after about a week i make sure they are still tight. I noticed liquid all in area where the bottle was and it was the screws on the bottle that where loose. Its kind of a piss poor design just to make cleaning it easier

4 Likes

@Jammer3 @Psycho_316 i have checked those before, i think its not seating properly where the needle tip goes into the actual bottle to allow it to feed into the tube connected to the 510, i pulled the bottle and pressure tested it with a finger over the hole and it didn’t give at all, so the connection between bottle and mod is the only source i can think of, if it was just the battery compartment then i would think maybe the tube connection to the 510 but its also in the bottle compartment so idk

3 Likes

Sounds like it might be overfilled. I have learned not to fill above the kidneys in the fill ports

5 Likes

I agree with @Jammer3 you cannot fill it beyond the bottle. If you fill it up into the metal coupler you need to take it out and pour some out. I did it once and it was saturated on the upper ring and inside the bottle compartment. I just fill it until it gets right to the top of the bottle from the outside. Never more then that to be safe

4 Likes

In the bottle assembly at the top where you fill it, there’s a little hole with an o-ring in it where the juice moves out into a tube and to the RDA when you press the bottle, and that o-ring can come unseated or uncentered or twisted sideways or even come out while removing the juice bottle from the bottom. It’s in the lowered portion of the metal top at the juice fill cyclops slots. Take the juice bottle out to find it and get a toothpick. Insert it lightly into the hole, swirl it around a bit to center the o-ring and then gently push down to set the o-ring in place. Then gently spin the toothpick to get it out of the o-ring without disturbing the o-ring from being seated.

If it moves, use the toothpick’s point to seat it all the way around, being careful not to jam it in too far. You can lube the o-ring’s inside diameter with a little juice to prevent in from moving again because, when dry, it can stick on the tube’s bottle insert. You can see that bottle insert from underneath with the bottle out, and there’s a hole where the tube goes through. That’s where it’s leaking into the battery compartment on the bottle side. If you can’t find the o-ring, it may be stuck on the tube’s insert. If so, take it off and seat it inside for proper operation. Now reinsert the bottle into the Topside Dual, fill it, put the screw-in cap back on and vape. If this doesn’t fix it, then maybe one of the other suggestions will help. Good luck!

6 Likes

This sounds promising, and i might even have the spare time to look at it tomorrow!

2 Likes

Good Luck and please let us know if that fixed it. If not, please give as much detail as possible, so I can try to help again.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll most likely work on it tonight, finally will have a break from school and work and family lol

1 Like

Ok, the o ring inside the bottle was fine, so i popped the top off the mod and discovered that the male fitting that goes into the bottle was extremely loose, and had wiggled itself halfway off the tube that goes from the fitting to the 510, so i fixed that back into place and reassembled it, checked it with warm water with a rda on top and then with just my finger over the 510 for compression with a bit of paper towel shoved up in the battery bay, did several minutes of squonking it both ways and it came out dry.

I think i just got a mod that skipped qc, it didn’t have temp control on it when i first received it and it took almost two months for dovpo to return an email with a link to download the software lol

2 Likes

You may have gotten an old new stock product. When the Topside Dual first shipped, a firmware update was needed to make TC available.

Glad you got the leaking into the battery compartment fixed! If that fitting comes loose in its hole again, maybe tack in place with a small dot of Superglue in a way that won’t interfere with proper operation.

2 Likes

@100_VG Thanks for this detailed post in regards to the o-ring placement for the topside dual. I just wanted to see if you could clarify something, as I just took out my bottle assembly for the first time and I noticed a small black o ring sitting on the top of the lowered portion of the metal top (see number 1 in the image below for a visual). So what I did is I put the o-ring back where I found it (number 1), sealed everything up and the o-ring ended up getting stuck to insert that feeds the juice to the RDA (see number 2, in image). Is this the correct placement for the o-ring? The reason I ask is because there is actually a second o-ring inside the bottle assembly (near number 1), totaling 2 o-rings the one inside the assembly and the one where I’m questioning the proper placement.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

3 Likes