Topside mod help

Hey all my topside gave out finally reading batteries even brand new just bought one’s tore it apart and tried fixing it. no fix. now im looking at doing pass through on it using a computer power supply. i got it to power on using it but i have a battery low pop up i cant solve. i have the heavy gauge red wire still loose but the battery door switch is my positive. google says its using a sx390 board. im almost done converting it to psu power but just need someones help on how to show it has both batteries.

5 Likes

looking into it more im not sure its a sx390 since yihi doesnt have one shown on their website. i can add more pictures if needed. wiring/tape temp till this is all sorted

4 Likes

Firstly welcome just a thought I’ve got the yihi chip topside duel but would a dna chip fit not sure where you are in the world stealth vape in the uk do 250 c and face plates also mod maker do the same and have the yihi sx475j but that’s only 75 watts

4 Likes

not quite sure what your saying here but this is just me trying to use the chip i already have just stuck on trying to make it now show a low battery on one. it flips mattering if i have the thin red wire connected to a positive but no change while connected to negative. so i dont know if i need to solder the small wire to somthing to trick it. its the wire that goes to the plunger on the battery door.

2 Likes

wander if i just message their customer service with the question they will tell me.

2 Likes

Your above my pay grade try to email but it sounds like the chip got a major problem

2 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined us.

2 Likes

Is it the dual topside

2 Likes

Is it the topside dual?

2 Likes

Not sure it’s a good idea to throw power at it, randomly guessing. Not that I haven’t foolishly done so myself but maybe you learn from my mistakes.

Did you check the connection with an Ohm meter before you disconnected the mod board? If you checked the connection from the positive battery terminal to the board or switch, and checked the connection from the negative battery terminal to ground, and checked the board negative to wherever it went and you had good connection for each, than swapping out batteries for an external power supply will only give you the exact same result. I think that is what you are seeing from how you described it. It sounds like the problem is not with the power input but maybe the board itself?

Always take pictures and draw a connection diagram before disconnecting wires.

6 Likes

If its a topside dual its the battery door. Mine does it as the doir is warped i have reshaped it numerous times. Finally gave up ill get a new battery door after christmas. He has probably shorted the board out playing with it

5 Likes