Totally Baffled

Hi all! I’ve been vaping now for 4 years and mixing the last 2 years since moving on to sub-ohm, rta, rda and squonking. I often use this site for recipes and my Base per 100ml is 16.67ml nicotine juice 18mg 100mg, 14.15ml PG, 53.33ml vg then several concentrates ( which works best for me as too much PG like the market juices causes me to cough phlem) with 21 days steep time. The problem I have is when I’ve mixed Tropical recipes and after several different recipes I think I’ve nailed it down to Capella Golden Pineapple which after an enjoyable vape 10 minuites later I get intense coughing that lasts for 15 minuites. I can’t understand why this occurs and would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

7 Likes

Hey Will. I had a similiar problem with cinnamon. I was able to vape it fine for a few years, then started coughing anytime I mixed with cinnamon. Not sure why that happens, but I do understand what you’re talking about. I can’t do mints, menthols either for that same reason :frowning:

7 Likes

Have you tried any other brands?

5 Likes

It’s definitely strange I wonder whether it’s down to the additives some of these manufacturers put in. It would help all of us alot if they put on the bottles what the ingredients are rather than having to throw out full mixtures.

2 Likes

Take a look at SDS on that flavor , see what there is in it that isnt in other flavors , or see what is used at a high mount compared to others…Example Ethyl Butyrate ( Ethyl butanote ) may be in all citrus tyoe flaves but maybe it is used higher in the fkavor that gives you issue

7 Likes

The label.in most cases arent big enough , one third of the label had to have warning then the put name etc…That is why they have SDS MsDs sheets …ive seen flavors with more than 10 componnets in them …

5 Likes

A long time ago I made a whole mixture withe just pineapple but didn’t have this problem and I think that was flav our art, or perfumes but might give it another go with one of those.

2 Likes

I had a problem of that nature with the freebase nicotine. After three years or so, the throat hit (at 3mg, by the way) was so bad I was ready to quit vaping. Fortunately, salts fixed that.

Good luck, and if that concentrate has become your enemy, I hope you find a good replacement.

5 Likes

Ima push here… flv pineapple… one of the best at least for me.
I use it more than a lot of fruits, its great in tropical drink mixes…
I even use it in my jellos and cakes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s really rather simple. It sounds like there’s a chemical component (or two) that that particular flavor may use, and your body doesn’t interact with it well.

As SmokyBlue mentioned, you should probably try other brands when looking for a pineapple that you don’t experience this reaction with.

Hopefully it’s not a common “core component” (chemically speaking) necessary to achieve a pineapple (which will only reveal itself, as to whether or not that’s the case, by trying other brands). Even still, if you were to find that to be the case, hope is not lost.

You can always try products from MF (Medicine Flower) and NF (Nature’s Flavors) for instance. They are not chemically formulated (in the same manner of speaking) as most of the other brands are. :tada:

Last thing I feel urged to shed a bit of light on is terminology (with respect to vaping).

A perfectly understandable statement in most other instances. However, when using the term ‘additives’ in a vaping context… Most established mixers understand that to mean “an Enhancer or modifier”. :wink:
Things like Koolada, or WS-23, or Stevia powder, or Malic Acid, etc are what we typically think when someone mentions/uses the word additive or enhancer.

When speaking about the chemical formula (that it takes to make up a single ‘basic flavor’ [ie: strawberry]), it’s better to avoid confusion by using the term ‘compound’ (for instance).

Hope this helps!
Wishing you success in finding a suitable pineapple!!

5 Likes

@Will53 I’ve never had a DELAYED reaction like that, but EVERY time I try and use NIC Salts, I get coughing fits. Not delayed, but literally RIGHT away. If you’ve isolated it down to one flavor, that’s huge. I don’t have any issues with CAP’s Goden PA so I can’t directly help you with that flavor issue.

3 Likes

I suppose I am trying to find what component I have an issue with.When I first started vaping I bought 300ml of juice online with the same result.

3 Likes

Thanks for your advice, I do use malic acid and citric acid in some of my flavours without any side effects but intend to find a suitable replacement for the cp pineapple. Just wish I knew what the component was that causes the adverse affect.

5 Likes