Tpa dx pb vs regular tpa pb?

Whats your guys thoughts on TPA DX PB vs TPA PB ?

The reason i ask is because when i got back into mixing after years it seemed like the consensus is that DX Pb is the best PB so i intially picked it up.

Back in the day i made some really kick ass PB recipes. When i got back into mixing i just couldnt replicate the PB taste and saturation of my old recipes. Unfortunatly i lost the recipes but iv been using DX PB. It just dawned on me that back then i couldnt have used DX PB as there was no DX yet. I just bought some regular TPA PB and BAM. That was it. Regular TPA PB imo is a much better PB then dx.

To me the DX just gets overpowered much easier, it also fades and doesnt have the saturation that regular has. The question is why is everyone using DX now? I hardly see any recipes with the regular. Interested in hearing your thoughts on these.

8 Likes

I only have the DX version, why: because that was most popular when I git into PB’s…
From what I’ve heard (think it was Wayne) the DX is SNV and the original is better with a steep

6 Likes

It dawned on my a little while back when i was watching a old live mixing and wayne was using regular tpa in both recipes and i was like wait a min i had to always use regular as dx was not arround back then. I believe back then i used a combo of tpa reg pb and cap v1 pb.Unfortunatly i dont remember what i used with the pbs in my old recipes. I have the files somewhere on a usb stick and a old laptop. Iv looked all over and cant find either though.

5 Likes

I always use dx as a main pb and add ssa or even the new flv pb cream. It’s a short steep.

5 Likes

I am no where near the level of mixing as most everyone here however, I love the DX PB TPA but have had it fade somewhat on a couple of my recipes, to counter that I use some PB (SSA) to boost that “peanutty” flavor I’m missing and it works splendidly for me.

5 Likes

Maybe this is why all my pb recipes suck…

4 Likes

I got so many pbs but most have a skin prob like ssa or too nutty like flv. I like cheap creamy greasy pb like a pb cup. Noms pb is pretty good

4 Likes

I’ve always used TPA DX with a second to accent it. Never did an A/B comparison directly to the OG TPA PB though.

But, what you’re really wondering is, is the DX PB part of the Mandela Effect …

7 Likes

Try PB Nomz + Buttercream (Peanut Butter) WF, 0.8 / 1
Another combo Iike is SSA PB + Butter Base VT, 1 / 1

5 Likes

I normally always use a butter with pb. Usually i like fa butter with it

6 Likes

My pb recipes coming out great with the reg tpa pb but but i know i can taje it even further. I gotta do what i use to and just sit down with a 60ml of just pb combo and all my sfts and find some secret weapons

4 Likes

I’ve been using TPA regular PB and SSA PB and I’m happy with them.

5 Likes

I’ve used both OG and DX in different bottles of the same recipe. (Five Pawns Grandmaster to be exact). And I do find that the OG PB has a better flavor, though it does seem to fade quicker with a long steep than the DX does.
I also noticed that a lot of older pre 2015 recipes with TPA PB, that AP or Hazelnut were typically used to increase the lifespan of the OG TPA Peanut Butter, were the same wasn’t required with the DX.

3 Likes

DX hold up longer it isnt better imo which is really weird since a lot of mixers shoot for a SNV …

3 Likes

DX is diketones free. They’re not comparable at all! :wink:

2 Likes

I like to use graham cracker and or AP to enhance my PB’s.

4 Likes

This is one for the “old…ish” mixers…

I had (have) both, you’re right @STR8V8PING the older one is stronger, bolder?? but as everyone said the OG fades faster, and it lacks creaminess it’s a bit dry and its AP is so high that we all added MM, Butter and what not… here we go:

The DX fades less and it’s smoother, creamier, you’ll see why from its composition, you haven’t got Acetoin, A-P and it’s got less molecules/compounds have a look:

Some people said DX hasn’t got butyric, there you go… not true, it’s what makes it creamier than the OG… they got rid of the DAAP’s and the decalactone and used butyric instead.

Hope I solved the riddle and answered your question.

4 Likes

When I first started mixing my own PB Cream Chocolate Bar flavor, I started off with FLV PB. When that ran out, I switched to TPA PB DX because of the positive feedback, and the flavor wasn’t that far off from FLV’s, except I had to adjust the percentage.

I’m now using TPA’s regular PB and the flavor is nowhere near the DX PB. So I did some pondering: how to reinforce the PB flavor without increasing percentage.

I decided to add 1% TPA Acetyl Pyrazine, which is what I use in my Caramel Popcorn recipe to give it a bit of nuttiness. It actually worked out pretty good!

YMMV, though. Try making a small sampler and let us know.

Happy Vaping!

1 Like

Well i found my pb cup combo i used back in the day and f$$k its good. 5% cap 3% tpa regular . Rich greasy creamy Reeces PB. Now that im vaping it im a full believer cap v1 pb is the king of pb flavors

4 Likes