Transition to vaping

@Phil_Critch You have this flavor. Just ordered this myself. Suppose to be a very nice sweet vanilla frosting/icing effect when used lower 2 - 2.5%. If you want a lil sweetness and frosting glaze But might need to steep a week or so.

3 Likes

Be careful making recipes like this. They will change over the coming days & weeks. Unless you want to keep mixing every day to keep flavor consistency, you need to learn to steep and adjust your recipes for the desired result. Especially those strawberries can be a PITA.

4 Likes

That is all that really matters. Though, if you find yourself building a shopping cart of flavors, trying other options could really send her tastebuds to a new level of satisfaction. Can’t hurt to try something more highly recommended, although there’s no reason to go out of your way.

Happy for you and your wife finding something that works!

3 Likes

Good luck. My husband refused to switch, passed 12/4/17.

2 Likes

Thanks mate, I’ll take a look :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Shoot us a list of flavours and brands you reckon I should have in my stash mate and I’ll do a shop and see how much it comes too. Nice one pal :+1:t3:

1 Like

I’ve done her 8mg nicotine. She’s definitely cut down the amount of cigs. Do you think I should up the nicotine.
Unfortunately yesterday though she lost her grandfather so, cigs were the only thing satisfying her. But totally understand that. She’s took her vape to work today so she seems keen which I’m happy.
Definitely not going to pressure her and particularly under the recent circumstances.
I’m unsure whether she needs more nicotine, or the smoking habit itself is where she is struggling. I could probably bump it to 12mg.

2 Likes

Us it alone or as an add on to other flavours?

1 Like

You probably know what a nicotine high is. You always have to make sure you don’t there from vaping. But … you do need to reach a certain level of satisfaction to stop you from even thinking about a cigarette. That is the trick with vaping.

(In normal circumstances) A smoker is not going to light one cigarette after the other, or he’ll get the nic high. It isn’t until his nicotine level goes down that he starts craving another cig. Top that level up with a vape, and preferably with something that tastes and smells good and there’ll be no more smoke.

So yeah, nic levels are important for it to succeed. If she feels like a cigarette after a vape, you should increase it. Is she getting any dizziness or something from a vape, immediately stop using it and decrease your nic level. Take small steps though, no more than 3mg up in 1 go.

2 Likes

Lots of good advice here but I’m surprised nobody has mentioned salt nic or mouth to lung devices. IMHO for people transitioning from smoking, vaping on a large lung-hit style mod is as different of an experience as chewing tobacco. Yes you still get the nicotine but the physical experience is much different. Add to that the apparent slower uptake of freebase nicotine and it just doesn’t scratch the same itch as a cigarette. Modern mouth to lung devices (such as the Smok Novo or Lost Vape Orion) paired with a 50mg salt nic juice will provide an experience much closer to that of smoking a cigarette.

Say what you will about Juulers but I’ve seen many more people quit smoking successfully with Juuls than any other vaping product. And contrary to Suomynona’s point that you shouldn’t get a nicotine buzz when vaping, I think that buzz is exactly why people tend to be more successful with Juul devices. When you wake up in the morning and you have that first cigarette, that buzz is what you want! (Right before a good BM haha) Salt nic provides that after 1-2 hits and freebase did not for me.

I personally use a Smok Novo and I re-wick the pods which makes them reusable nearly forever. With this setup and mixing my own juice I’ve taken my $200/mo smoking habit to almost nothing now that the initial investment has been made.

Last thing I’ll say is that given her flavor likes that you mention I would definitely check out that Glass Apple recipe TheTinMan posted. I’ll also say Shisha Strawberry is an amazing flavor that I overlooked for far too long. Not sure it would pair well with Koolada but I’d definitely try it out. Also a friend of mine loves this: Terrorbird Dr. Grimes

Anyways, I hope my own anecdotal experience helps somebody! ¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

Yeah I’ll see how she’s goes. Mouth to lung is a good idea.
She feels the 12mg nic a little harsh. But I told her, more nic it will get harsh

1 Like

Got Shisha Strawberry. I use it quite a bit :ok_hand:t3:

3 Likes

The key is the salt nicotine. 12mg salt nic tastes no harsher than 3mg freebase nicotine on a lung hitting mod(***to me.) I get mine from Nude Nicotine; they have a couple different types. I prefer the ‘hit’ version but she may want ‘smooth’ as that should give less throat hit.

All the best! Hope she has luck this time around!

4 Likes

I have Glass Apple steeping for about a month now, looking forward to finally trying it. Any other flavor tweaks you found to be great?

3 Likes

What is her approach to quit smoking and vape instead? I never said I quit smoking ('til this day). I always said, everytime I feel like a cig, I pick up the vape first. And after 10 or so puffs, if I still want that cig - I go for it. And also, it doesn’t feel like a defeat if I have that cig (you know - when you proclaimed you quit, and still fell for a cig). Point is, the cigs get fewer and fewer, until a point when they just aren’t there anymore.
I figure, it’s just how you think about it in your mind…

3 Likes

Yeah she’s cut down significantly on cigs and vapes in between. It’s gonna be a gradual process, much like yourself. She is having great success in cutting down.

4 Likes