Travel Question*** Road Warriors/ truckers!

Go to the coast and take 101 or where you can PCH (pacific coast highway) It’s beautiful over there and nice and cool. When you reach LA or San Diego you can go East. Are you in any hurry or just taking a leisurely drive?

1 Like

You could take 41 to Atascadero and then on to the famous Pismo Beach

1 Like

We wanted to but they already asked us to start a week earlier than anticipated so we’re going to see our families in FL. After we arrive in NC so can’t drive that leisurely but I totally want to see Big Sir.

Now after seeing the eastern side of Ca. Let’s hope the western side looks much better ( I am sure it does Wa. & Or. Both feel their eastern sides are the armpits of the state )

In all seriousness I think we may get out Ca. Nursing license as the contracts here are huge pay outs and you have all the " comfy " state regs & unions in the south they don’t give 2 craps about nurses and unions are rarely even present. Total change.

We appreciate everyone’s input. I just really don’t like big big mountains w/ ppl rushing up your butt so glad everyone’s so nice and gave me some pointers.

Btw Madera was so so so gross we traveled through the back roads there yesterday evening ewh I said I’m tired but I am Not staying here tonight.

@Amy2 10 is a best choice if you’re headin for FLA …it’s flat for days and the seafood is fresher. I just did 40 and it was plagued with construction. This is a Holiday weekend so State and Federal government pays mandatory overtime so every LEO is on patrol …so keep in the rockin chair and watch out for Smokey :wink:

1 Like

Thanks we’re on i40 right now but we’re going to take US 93 & drop down to 10 and prob stay in Phoenix overnight.

Ugly as far as the eye can see but not a bad drive this far. It climbs but so gradual it isn’t noticeable.

I think we may still head North first and go into NC before headed to FL we have some business to take care of in Raleigh prior to starting our contract.

Thanks @BoDarc I am looking for flat wide open roads but we are realize it’s a holiday weekend ugh we both said why did we do this on this weekend lol. Oh well we’re doing it.

Btw I miss my lovely flavors they’re all packed up in a pod being shipped across the country won’t get to see them until the 14th of next month :flushed: You bet I mixed up a suitcase of favs :heart:

5 Likes

Wait a min…what? You leaving me in the Pacific Northwest all by myself?

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m sure she’'ll be back in a month or so, granted she would probably only stay for a few weeks because this girl moves more than a Gypsy being chased by Hitler!

Luv ya sista @Amy2 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Yup you know me ! I will prob stay in NC around a year give or take. PNW will most likely draw me back but I also am looking at the NE haven’t been up that a way yet so we may cruise up there and do some contracts too eventually ( like Vermont , Maine etc. )

Unless NC sucks me in and I call it home. It’s close to our families in Fl. But far enough away to enjoy a trip. Also Asheville is around 2,000 ft so should be nicer weather year round. Now the beach imma half to go out to the Beach a couple times a year go sho.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for your input. I did a mix of what ppl were saying.

I-10 smooth easy passes took a route from around outside of El Paso then headed up and stayed in Van Horn , Tx from there gradually increased and went to Wichita Falls then into Ar then to Tn from Tn went up to NC using i40 nice easy route through the mountains made it the day before yesterday around 7 days. Had a set back my lil old chihuahua got pretty sick so we had to go to an emergency vet in Jackson, Tn she has Bronchitis so they gave her some prednisone and ABTs she’s doing much better.

Now yesterday morning made it into Gainesville, Fl. ( home )
to see some family.

2 Likes

Glad you made it home safely and the pooch is doing better. Hope you get some rest before hitting the road again.

1 Like

Gotta Love Hogtown …hope you’re into football :wink:

1 Like

I :heart:️ Football but I am a FL Seminole Fan not a Fl Gator fan lol. I mean I watch the gators don’t get me wrong but being I am from Tallahassee I’m die hard Noles fan !

Look @ you @BoDarc what you know bout Hogtown !

Everything :wink:

1 Like

You’re…kinda…close!!

1 Like

Yup we’re close !!!

1 Like