Traveling clearomizer

Does anyone have a recommendation for a clearomizer setup that I could use while traveling. I won’t be able to stop and fill it all the time. I would really like something that can be layed down without leaking, has great flavor…I’m not a cloud chaser, and the liquid would last at least 4 hours…I know this part is subjective…but gees, something that’s lasts a good long time. Maybe low watage

2 Likes

You are probably best served by something cheap like the Kanger Subtank. Cheap atty, cheap coils, lots of replacement parts in the marketplace, plenty of capacity, and coils up to 1.8 ohm if that’s your fancy. Most of the newer clearos are fog machines, and they need alot more power, but the subtank is just a single coil. SS heads out there too if you do tc.

1 Like

Aspire Atlantis 2 tanks are all I’m using right now so I can’t speak for any other ones right now, but it doesn’t leak (I almost always have mine stored sideways) and you could get a higher ohm coil if you want to keep the watts low.
Eta: it holds 3ml… Depending on how much you chain vape or not, that could last you a couple hours or more.

2 Likes

I will still use the Kangertech Sub Tank as @JMak642 suggested , they are pretty rugged and served me well until I moved up in power.

4 Likes

I agree the subtank works great and for the most part doesnt leak though I have had them leak once or twice through the air slots.

4 Likes

Another tank that is practically leak free is the Cubis and it also has a bunch of different coils and it holds a decent amount of liquid.

2 Likes

Joytech Tron holds 4 mls easy MTL draw if that’s your thing their coils are 0.5 and 1.0 ( I use the 1.0 ) since I like to vape MTL.

good price too http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joyetech-TRON-S-4ml-Tank-p/joye-eotz20.htm one of their coils will last me a good 2 weeks with continuous use then I rebuild them using the CLR coil that is.

3 Likes

A little tip that you may already be taking advantage of. I don’t know what you do with your old 1.0 factory coils, when they are kaput, but if you don’t save them, pull out the positive pin and save the little rubber insulator for future CLR builds.

I’ve been rebuilding the same CLR coil for 6 months now. The only component in the CLR coil that ‘wears out’ is that little insulator. After a while it may start to look a little raggeddy. I’ve had my eyes open for a source for those little insulators, but so far I haven’t been able to find the correct size.

2 Likes

I re build the coil yes. I pull out the metal pin from the bottom then comes the rubber insulator and the old coil falls out. Next I take 28 gauge wire wrap 5 x ID of 2-2.5 and then feed it through the top there is a catch on the metal I loop the wire over it for one leg then put the plastic insulator back on and then the metal pin then clip my wires easy peesy. I can see the plastic wearing out. If you find a source HMU I certain would like an extra supply of them.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the way! I do mine the exact same way, except I use 5 turns of 30 ga and it ends up at 1.65, give or take a little. I wind mine on a machine screw, so they are spaced coils. Add a little Rayon and I’m in my happy spot.

If I locate some of the insulators, I’ll let you know.

1 Like

I leave some room too no micro coils here for one thing I ain’t that good to make them so fancy and tight yet anyhow :smile:

thank you !

1 Like

I just ordered the Joye eGo Mega Twist Plus - Starter Kit

I have not tested it yet but this is supposed to be really portable. I get it tomorrow and will let you know what I think about it.