Triethyl citrate and emulsifying consentrates

It may follow that since some common sugars (Fructose, Sucrose, Glucose, Galactose, and Maltose) all “caramelize” (said to be not well understood and chemical environment dependent processes) below 200 *C (with Lactose being one exception, caramelizing at ~203 *C) …

… and thermal decomposition of Triethyl Citrate (to Ethanol and Citric Acid) does not occur under 200 *C …

… then (solvent) activity that Triethyl Citrate may demonstrate (may) not be likely to be “preventative before-the-fact” (of coil-gunk formation), but instead may take place upon already caramelized coil-gunk, thus perhaps shuttling the liquefied residues back into the wicking material and coil-wick interface, and (possibly, to some extent) into particulates within inhaled vapor - and/or simply remaining within the wicking-material [in which case a (re-filled) “pod” would need to have a user interchangeable wick separate from coil assembly].

2 Likes

Yes… without using all the big grown up words (ha!) pretty much in a nutshell, yes.

and that is why. :slight_smile:

thanks, @Raven-Knightly… no offense to anyone… I just can not go down my list for that.

1 Like

Wow that’s a lot … I guess I can vape that much if I wanted to , but why ???

1 Like

I’m not saying “cleans coils” I’m saying I was able to vape on a seamingly clogged coil. A miracle.
FLV Boysenberry will clog my coils at least 3 times faster then TPA Dragonfruit and I’m wondering if any FLV flavours are easier on the coils.
Of course now I will put TPA Triethyl Citrate (just ordered) with FLV Boysenberry to keep it from wrecking my Pods so fast :+1:

2 Likes

Keep us updated on your experiences, I’m curious what the effects will be.
Definitely have to speed up my SFTs, have Boysenberry ready to be mixed but I just can’t vape as much as some people do :smiley:

2 Likes

Okay… :slight_smile:

Not sure how high you have yours, but I tend to keep that flavor when using it as a main, between 1%-1.2%… anything higher, it can take over a recipe…

2 Likes

Yeah you’re right, it’s a pretty flavourful consentrate and 1% is probably enough to taste that one. I had it at 3% and my coil lasted about 3 days.
With that strawmelon recipe my coils didn’t really clog up at all, I just eventually lose flavour but I bet I could’ve kept vaping on that Pod for another week.
I have a blue collar palette and a blue collar budget :grin:

2 Likes

Yeps… and when you are loosing flavor in a juice, try to knock it down in amount… it’s a sign of over flavoring… sometimes! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So I’ve put 20ml through a Novo Pod 1.2ohm 2ml capacity and only call it dead because I’m getting more chared celery flavour then Blue Raspberry Lemonade but still lots of vapor and an easy draw so it hasn’t clogged up. That’s 10 refills which is twice of what I normal can do and got decent flavour right up until this morning. I’d call that a success. Here is the recipe I used.
Blue Raspberry (LB) %8.00
Boysenberry (Flavorah) %1.00
Koolada WS23 (GLF) %1.50
Lemonade (Flavorah) %1.50
Lemonade (LA) %3.00
Polar Blast (FA) %0.50
Raspberry (GLF) %1.00
SugarDaddy (Reg) (Rick’s) %0.50
Triethyl Citrate (Natural) (TPA) %0.25
Ultra Sweet (GLF) %1.20

It might have lasted longer without a few dry hits from running out of juice unexpectedly along the way

1 Like