Tropical Storm Hilary

Hope everyone in the path of Hilary is safe!

@Lostmarbles isn’t that in your neck of the woods? Doin’ ok?

11 Likes

I’m praying for @paingawd.

8 Likes

Scary shit out here, my friend. Drove my son to work and it was like driving in a river. The wind was so bad, it was hard to open the door. It’s just after 10pm and it’s about to get worse. It’ll be a different world for us tomorrow morning, I’m sure.

10 Likes

How you making out @paingawd ??

7 Likes

Don’t know if it’s gotten that far north yet. It looks like it’s deviating from its projected path and heading for Nevada. He may get a little rain and wind, but she seems to be weakening a bit. Fingers crossed he gets a light rain and nothing overwhelming. He’s been through enough.

9 Likes

Any place you see water…it wasn’t there two days before the video. This was after 3 inches of rain. Can’t imagine what it would have been with the 5 inches that was projected to hit.

4 Likes

Doing well-We are so far north that we just got a lot of wind, some scattered showers and much lower temperatures for this time of year. The lower temps were a nice side effect as our AC decided to go Tango Uniform on Friday. A new capacitor is on order with a non-factory replacement installed while we wait for the new part to arrive. The worst we got was all of the damned humidity. There’s a reason why I escaped Pennsylvania!

Much love brother, to you and @Lostmarbles both. Everyone else as well!

6 Likes

Glad you just got the spittle!

1 Like

Looks like you got kind of hammered!

1 Like

We survived without any damage because we’re uphill, but the roads are FUBAR. If you google Palm Springs Drone Hilary, you’ll see some scary ass pictures. Getting in and out of town is a pain but can be done.

2 Likes

Hehe, man, I guess the timing couldn’t have been better. Glad you guys are staying safe @paingawd.

1 Like