Trying new pre made coils

I’m sorry to hear about your Raynaud’s and nerve deterioration, being diabetic I can relate to the latter and winter time just making things more of a challenge. It can become rather frustrating when one can’t do the things that one used to do, my eyesight frustrates me the most as I struggle to see the keys on a mobile phone now even with my glasses on and I have to use an iPad most of the time at home with large text.

4 Likes

That’s a pretty big difference…if you have a dna I’d throw the atty on there and see if it reads it correctly. How did they work out for you?

2 Likes

I like my guar-21! And my freemax maxus 200 watt they seem to be the.only ones strong enough to work with my rdas

2 Likes

So this one? This the Apocolypse 25 you’re talking about?

3 Likes

I have no idea what a DNA is? I just use whatever works n doesn’t seen to suck the battery life??!! For reading my ohms I have this

Doesn’t this work?

3 Likes

My Coil Master Tab2 isn’t accurate. The 510 connection came loose once. When I took the back off there was a lot of corrosion on the 510 wire rings and nut. I cleaned it all up and it’s much better but still off by too much. It’s good enough to make sure your addy isn’t shorted with the coil. I then put it on a Yihi chipped mod to get a real reading. I’m quit disappointed with the Coil Master 510 tab. The Plastic around the 510 melted and now Addy’s sit crooked and raised. POS, I need something better.

3 Likes

Sendn anything you can plz i tried to pm you looks like blocked from this site until February 1st

3 Likes

I don’t like using those, I feel they don’t read correctly. A dna is a chip they use in some higher end mods, and custom mods. They are the most accurate in reading ohms.

5 Likes

They can be very accurate, but overall I wouldn’t say so. Most manufacturers just leave the evolv default values without ever setting them up completely.
If you were to see the internal resistance set at 0.004 that’s the default value for most boards. :pray:

4 Likes

Thank you for that information. I always build on a dna to get an accurate reading, then recheck on a yihi or other standard chip, the dna has always been on point. Good to know about the settings though!

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m tapped out… Disability took away any extra funds I make… Essentially I’m broke as soon as I pay rent and spend the last 100 dollars on groceries for the month and with prices of food here lately:

That’s not a lot.

Trying to sell a bunch of stuff on market place, once it sells I’ll have the funds to send you some stuff.

4 Likes

This is probably not the proper place to post this question but here it is anyway. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
I’m not trying new pre built coils, that is basically all I use unless I’m feeling adventurous and decide to build one myself and then it’s a very basic single wire build. All that being said, I’ve been vaping on the coils pictured for 4 months (I just finished cleaning and dry burning these) should I replace them or keep on using them? Is it safe to use coils that long? They still produce great flavor and great clouds.

9 Likes

I go a year or so on coils, if it ain’t broke why fix it!

12 Likes

Don’t fix something that’s not broke. If your happy with with the flavor don’t change.

10 Likes

yeah, I’m with them :arrow_up: If the flavor starts to wane, and new cotton isn’t helping, then it may be time to replace them.
I vape some pretty sweet juices, so my coils gunk up. When I replace the cotton, I’ll usually dry burn them to a dull glow and dip them into a bowl with shallow water. All the nasty stuff falls right off.
Repeat this a few times and they’re almost like new.

9 Likes

I think the only time it is not recommended is when it is SS coils, 316L and maybe 430 and 317 which are not as common. I remember Advanced Vape saying something about dry burning SS coils low so it doesn’t glow really red as it can develop a coating that is not good.

Kanthal I hear is no problem, never heard nichrome being a problem to continue using.

7 Likes

If they are still performing use them. I use coils for months. Usually you will know if they really need replacing. You will find yourself needing to clean them way more often and they vape kinda gooky if that makes sense. They may also start deforming after a while and getting hot spots randomly.

6 Likes

All mine are SS :fearful: :astonished: :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Just bring them to a dull glow. I usually pulse my SS coils at 20 watts. I mainly use a variety of claptons. Any hot spots show up pretty good without over heating. I mainly vape ni80 coils now, but I used to be all SS.

5 Likes

Don’t worry about it. Don’t dry burn till they glow red. It takes 1578 degrees F to oxidize SS. Coils don’t normally run that hot without melting your mod.

6 Likes