Trying new pre made coils

I don’t build yet, I can’t get my head around it so I am being safe I think…but I jist got a bunch in and I’m itchin what would anyone suggest for the apocalypse 25? Double build I want single but can’t get my head around THAT even right now…

5 Likes

Well I went with the tiger coil .036ohm idk

2 Likes

I’d have gone with a dual fused Clapton. There are a lot of coil builders that make higher quality coils for better performance, flavor etc. If you’re on Facebook… how did the build come out?

5 Likes

These are supposed to be 0.36ohm and it.coming out 0.29ohm it this ok?

3 Likes

N im not on fb much anymore now im stuck lurking here…lol

3 Likes

I like @Lynda_Marie recommendation to go with the fused claptons, 2nd choice would be the Aliens. I don’t know that brand but did have that same case with coils from another brand, I think it was coil master? Needless to say the quality wasn’t very good, I am hoping these are better for you.

I wish advanced vape supply was still selling wire, that was my goto. Wireoptim.com is still going, not as good as AVS but we don’t have as many options as before. If I remember correctly the 26g dual core with 36g wrap was my preferred from wireoptim in kanthal. They call it hybrid wire now for claptons. With Wireoptim it is best to clean the wire after wrapping it, it can be a little dirty. Then dry fire it to get it to glow even and burn off any residue, don’t go crazy on the power, 30 to 40 watts is more than enough and don’t glow it red hot.

If using stainless steel, my preferred wire, dry burn the coils at 20 watts and a light glow, SS should not be glowed bright.

You do have other options, I am not sure if @INOIROC sells coils but wow are they excellent.

8 Likes

My first build in an Apocalypse 25 turned out to work pretty well.

Hate to say it but those coil wheels are usually from years ago. They have stuff like Hive wire or Tiger clapton which people don’t really use anymore. China was making stuff that would catch peoples eye but the coils were inefficient mostly. Juggernaut coils come to mind as well. They need extra power to heat efficiently which takes battery life. They heat up slow and also cool down slow. They don’t provide more flavor (than something simple like fused claptons). usually either. A lot of the older wires had really large clapton wraps. Avoid claptons with 32ga unless you like ramp time and wasted battery life. I’ve even seen Vandy Vape make fused clapton wire with 30ga clapton wraps which is even bigger. 36 is about the biggest I’d use for some coils. 38 and 40 is good too.

There’s so much to go over with coils. There’s different metal types and then there’s levels of quality. You’ll have to learn like the rest of us did, by trial and error. Some people can’t tell any difference from round wire and something more complex. It all tastes the same which is strange to me lol. I gotta go to bed now. You’ll get it.

11 Likes

I was fighting with it earlier went back to my old faithful recurve rainbow :rainbow: single I got to go to bed too been having the fight of my life all day…lol

5 Likes

I agree with the others on favouring fused claptons as a standard coil for DL.

You could get premade or, with a little practice, just buy a spool and make your own.

Recently I’ve been using Wotofo quad core a lot:

@ladycrooks Is that the Demon Killer set? If so, the flat twisted and hive are ok for restricted and MTL.

5 Likes

Whoa my brain is flexing from this comment…wow. I only slept a couple hours its the weekend here I don’t get much time anymore to play with this stuff…well il be back at work here soon ive been training to get more sleep @ night. I’ve been in EI for almost a year.

2 Likes

I’d just stick with old fashion fused clapton wire, used to make it myself but it’s cheap and a roll goes a long way… Different wire types will give you different range of resistances, but trusty old ni80 for me as it has a fast ramp up time (heats quick) and you don’t need to put a lot of power to it to get decent vapor… I use it in single coil 22mm RDAs for squonking a lot and it’s all I use. I have a surplus of wire and whatnot, I see you’re in Alberta, could send you a small package to your PO box if you want. I’m in Grande Prairie and like to help out other vapers myself… Aish pays me at the end of the month so I can send it then. Just give me a PM and don’t feel like it’s a hassle for me, it gives me a reason to get out of my house.

6 Likes

Actually come to think of it, I have a couple old coil jigs I could send off too, so cutters and what not, you’ll be off wrapping your own coils in no time

4 Likes

What’s your favorite vape? Different ohms work best with different profiles.

3 Likes

I like custards can’t stop every time I try something else I’m back to the custards

5 Likes

A simple fused Clapton will service you fine. Look for a 28x2-40 in your collection. Depending what the material of the coil should ohm out .4+ for a single coil .2-.16 ohms for a two coil deck. Start your wattage low. 30/35 watts to start. If that doesn’t ring your bell move up in 5 watt increments. Good luck.

5 Likes

Great Rda…

4 Likes

I mostly use pre-made coils and for me the best factory produced coils are made by Wotofo and Coilology. I mostly use Fused Claptons and my favourites are the Wotofo Ni80 0.50 ohm FC in dual coil configuration in my Blotto Minis, that build comes out to roughly 0.25 ohms the flavour that I get out of those is excellent.

6 Likes

I grab the same when being lazy.

4 Likes

I have thought about trying to make my own but my eyesight is not the best these days (diabetic) and my coordination is not great so I stick to the prefabricated ones.

3 Likes

That’s sensible. I used to be great at fiddly things but it seems that every year my hands get a tad more annoying: Raynauds and nerve deterioration make winter fun.

4 Likes