Trying to help save my friends house

I had not planned on posting this up on ELR, but as the deadline approaches, I felt better to post it, just so I covered ALL the bases that I could. Very sad story, high school friend that I grew up with, his wife recently got some VERY bad medical news. While going through all of this, her father passed and some money was still owed to the nursing home, funeral home, and the registar of Wills. Sadly when they contacted the courts, no real leniency was given in the amount owed, or the deadline. My friends wifes brother started up a GoFundMe page to try and help raise the funds, so she did not loose her family home.

Most of you who know me, know I always try to help out, and that’s not limited to vaping or mixing. Again, not really sure why I posted this, as none of you know them, but I felt compelled to do so, as I wanted to do everything I could to try and help them out. I can’t imagine going through what she/they are going through, AND having the spectre of possibly being homeless as the same time. I can’t imagine. Because I don’t Facebook, I found out about this rather late. I feel like personally for me, I’ll just skip a VapeMail for a week or two, as I’ve got plenty, and I do not want to see them loose their home. This is NOT vaping/mixing related, just real life related. For any that are interested, I’ve posted the GoFundMe page below.

11 Likes

In times of need you have to use whatever platforms are available to you, like you said, we don’t know them but it doesn’t mean we don’t understand and appreciate hard times.

I see the go fund me is healthy, fingers crossed they get the last bit needed to secure their home.

8 Likes

Thank you @Grubby. I just cut the amount in half, and am trying to just see it push that last little bit. I know the court imposed deadline is rapidly approaching, so I couldn’t NOT at least post it here. Thank you. I wish it was vaping related, hehe, as I’m sure the ELR crew would have it “solved” already. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I am so sorry about this awful situation your friends are dealing with! I can’t imagine the stress and emotional pain they are going through right now, so many things at one time! I hope that there will be enough support from it getting shared online to get them what they need!

6 Likes

Thank you @Jenny1978

4 Likes

Always the right thing to try and help a friend.
Very sorry (and heart-rending) to hear such misfortune. Prayers and thoughts their way (and yours, for blessing them)!

5 Likes

Thank you @Sprkslfly

3 Likes

Dude this sucks! Both of my parents passed away from pancreatic cancer, it’s no fun. We did what we could, not much but it’s something. Please keep this updated.

6 Likes

Also shared it on my Facebook!

6 Likes

Wow you guys didn’t have to do that. Thank you very much, very kind of you.

5 Likes

I know what it’s like to help save a freind’s house and I know what it’s like to have a friend with cancer, I’ll do what I can for yours.

5 Likes

Thank you very much @bikerdude.

Just so you guys know, I texted back and forth with my friend while out shopping, and he was all but blown away, that people who don’t even know him or his wife, were willing to spread/share their fundraiser, but also to help. It kind of choked him up.

I thank you guys, on their behalf. Thank you.

6 Likes

Looks like they only need $1100 or so now! I hope they can get it. We know what it’s like to lose a house. :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

It’s my belief and the way I live my life, if there is a need, and you have the means to help, it’s our responsibility and duty to help. I will do my part to do what I can. Prayers for all involved.

7 Likes

shared on FB and will do what i can with $$$$ ty for sharing

6 Likes

So sad. You are an awesome friend to help. Wish their were more people in this world like you. Lifting them up in my prayers and I will do what I can.

5 Likes

@Pap Thank you very much. Anything helps out. Thank you.

6 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes Thank you very much brother, very appreciated.

4 Likes

@CarolinaVapen Thank you very much for your kind words, prayers, etc. Means a lot.

4 Likes

My friend just texted me, and although he doesn’t vape, has no clue what ELR is about, he said he’s just blown away by the donations. I would like to thank every one of you, again.

10 Likes