Trying to make it better

Sorry for that mistake, posting that recipe completely slipped my mind! Here it is.

Nic is 100 mg PG
Desired nic is 3%
70/30
1% TPA Bavarian Cream
8% TPA Orange Cream
1% CAP Super Sweet
2% CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1% TPA Whipped Cream

8 Likes

@HawaiianVaporTraiz creams, creams, and MO creams !!!

That’s a lot of creams, and with only ONE orange component. I’m assuming the orange isn’t punching through enough ?

11 Likes

INW shisha orange can help that, 0.30-0,70 %.

9 Likes

Get Bakery Orange SSA and you won’t be making any orange recipe without it.

8 Likes

A lot of the commercial orange creamsicle recipes that I’ve seen and mixed add a strong orange flavor like TPA or FA Blood Orange along with TPA Orange Cream for a stronger orange flavor. I’d say to start @2% with blood orange.

8 Likes

I :heart:

Blood Orange - Flavour Art in my Creamsicle mixes!! It’s awesome.

9 Likes

:+1: another fellow Texan

6 Likes

The orange flavor is coming through just fine. There’s just something….missing.

4 Likes

If all you are needing is a pop try FA apricot at 0.2-0.4 to enhance the orange notes or a mango would work as well.

8 Likes

WF Orange cream is a really nice thick fluffy orange cream. I’ve used it in a custard before. It holds its own in a mix.

7 Likes

It will help the end product if you add a 2nd Orange. Reduce the redundant cream and enhance with a Vanilla concentrate.
Old recipe, that has stood the test of time.

8 Likes

I find it hard to argue with @Letitia, especially since she’s making soo much sense. :slight_smile:

@Mikser insanely enough, I DON’T have that one, hehe. What does it taste like ?

Roger that @McDuckie.

I thought we had a running Orangesicle community recipe thing going on, maybe on a different site, let me see if I can find it.

3 Likes

@HawaiianVaporTraiz this might prove to be an interesting read for you (and everyone else). I’d forgotten it was 3 years ago !!!

Getting old sucks …

7 Likes

I’d say ADD some (FA) cream fresh to it @about 2.5% & remove the bavarian cream imo…, if it’s more a feel tht ur looking for…, if not tjen jus disregard my comment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

We had very good luck with the triple threat

Vanilla Ice Cream - Liquid Barn 1.75
Vanilla Swirl - The Perfumers Apprentice 1.75
Vienna Cream - Flavour Art 1.75
6 Likes

Over at VC. That’s where I picked up the inw shisha orange tip; I had been using it way too high and wasn’t at all impressed. Dropping it down made a world of difference.

7 Likes

Tht looks like it’d be pretty good, I might just mix tht 2 try when I get home, as I’m trying another version of this f*ing commercial shit out tht my ol lady’s stuck on, except now I’ll be trying it a lil different than before as I’m mixing it for the new Vaporesso ECO NANO

4 Likes

I think @SthrnMixer was the one who broke the code by adding the Vienna Cream, but the three of them, seemed to work really well in the Orange Creamsicle realm.

4 Likes

Are you kiddin me? Get this one!
It’s perfectly dried up orange slices (= dried up, but not dry; it’s rather still moist/juicy enough, but not syrupy or jammy); it’s more like a concentrated orange fruit with more flavor, slightly baked fruit with caramelized natural sweetness that acts like spices, but it remains very clean, accurate and natural tasting (again ‘caramelized’ doesn’t mean ‘with caramel’ ofc, but the distinctive natural sweetness that you get when baking raw fruits at high temperature). It works magnificently as an intensifier of natural taste in your mixes.

You would want to add it in any orange recipe because of the flavor and smell and it’s very forgiving to bend in any texture; no matter if you’re making a juice, a marmalade (forget Orange Marmalade VTA), any kind of bakery, cake or cookie (you can’t make Jaffa without it), cream, IC, yogurt, and even in candies. It’s strong enough to stand up against bold flavors and very workable. I would include it in top10 most perfect flavors of all times that can’t be improved and in the first 20 flavors one should buy.

9 Likes

Since we are talking creamsicle recipes here’s a classic.

Five Pawns Queenside (Creamsicle) OG Recipe

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 2.50
Blood Orange (TPA) 3.00
Cotton Candy(10% EM/Ethyl Maltol) (TPA) 1.5
French Vanilla (TPA) 2.00
Orange Cream (TPA) 6.00
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 4.00
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 2.00
Vanillin 10% (PG) (TPA) 1.00

8 Likes