Trying to make it better

I have this orange creamsicle recipe that tastes good, but it’s lacking that oomph. I was thinking of adding in some other citrus flavor, possibly tangerine in the hope of giving it that pizazz.

Any thoughts or advice would be welcome.

Mahalos from Texas!

6 Likes

@HawaiianVaporTraiz who doesn’t love orange creamsicles ??? !!!

Please post the recipe, so we can see what’s what. Always better if we can see what we’re working with …

7 Likes

Sorry for that mistake, posting that recipe completely slipped my mind! Here it is.

Nic is 100 mg PG
Desired nic is 3%
70/30
1% TPA Bavarian Cream
8% TPA Orange Cream
1% CAP Super Sweet
2% CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1% TPA Whipped Cream

8 Likes

@HawaiianVaporTraiz creams, creams, and MO creams !!!

That’s a lot of creams, and with only ONE orange component. I’m assuming the orange isn’t punching through enough ?

11 Likes

INW shisha orange can help that, 0.30-0,70 %.

9 Likes

Get Bakery Orange SSA and you won’t be making any orange recipe without it.

8 Likes

A lot of the commercial orange creamsicle recipes that I’ve seen and mixed add a strong orange flavor like TPA or FA Blood Orange along with TPA Orange Cream for a stronger orange flavor. I’d say to start @2% with blood orange.

8 Likes

I :heart:

Blood Orange - Flavour Art in my Creamsicle mixes!! It’s awesome.

9 Likes

:+1: another fellow Texan

6 Likes

The orange flavor is coming through just fine. There’s just something….missing.

4 Likes

If all you are needing is a pop try FA apricot at 0.2-0.4 to enhance the orange notes or a mango would work as well.

8 Likes

WF Orange cream is a really nice thick fluffy orange cream. I’ve used it in a custard before. It holds its own in a mix.

7 Likes

It will help the end product if you add a 2nd Orange. Reduce the redundant cream and enhance with a Vanilla concentrate.
Old recipe, that has stood the test of time.

8 Likes

I find it hard to argue with @Letitia, especially since she’s making soo much sense. :slight_smile:

@Mikser insanely enough, I DON’T have that one, hehe. What does it taste like ?

Roger that @McDuckie.

I thought we had a running Orangesicle community recipe thing going on, maybe on a different site, let me see if I can find it.

3 Likes

@HawaiianVaporTraiz this might prove to be an interesting read for you (and everyone else). I’d forgotten it was 3 years ago !!!

Getting old sucks …

7 Likes

I’d say ADD some (FA) cream fresh to it @about 2.5% & remove the bavarian cream imo…, if it’s more a feel tht ur looking for…, if not tjen jus disregard my comment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

We had very good luck with the triple threat

Vanilla Ice Cream - Liquid Barn 1.75
Vanilla Swirl - The Perfumers Apprentice 1.75
Vienna Cream - Flavour Art 1.75
6 Likes

Over at VC. That’s where I picked up the inw shisha orange tip; I had been using it way too high and wasn’t at all impressed. Dropping it down made a world of difference.

7 Likes

Tht looks like it’d be pretty good, I might just mix tht 2 try when I get home, as I’m trying another version of this f*ing commercial shit out tht my ol lady’s stuck on, except now I’ll be trying it a lil different than before as I’m mixing it for the new Vaporesso ECO NANO

4 Likes

I think @SthrnMixer was the one who broke the code by adding the Vienna Cream, but the three of them, seemed to work really well in the Orange Creamsicle realm.

4 Likes